StudentsReview :: Montana State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
B-
Creativity/ Innovation
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Dec 18 2012
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I came to MSU out of state and have been very happy with my experience here thus far. I could have gone to more prestigious schools, but I chose Bozeman for its proximity to the wilderness with the belief that it would in turn help with my major: environmental biology. Students here are excited to learn and respectful. Most classes I am in are very enjoyable and fun because the students show as much interest and excitement as the professors. I have had a couple professors that I did not like and that did not do a good job teaching, but for the most part I have been in challenging yet manageable classes. The school is much more strong in the maths, sciences, and business.

The environment is wonderful on campus and all throughout Bozeman. People are happy to be alive. Students smile at each other and wave while walking to class even in the early morning. Bozeman is the same way. It is easy to make friends, feel accepted, and be cheerful here. The access to the wilderness is wonderful. In the summer and fall there are endless spots to go climbing, camping, and hiking within 20 minutes of Bozeman, and yellowstone is an hour and a half away. The skiing is also marvelous. Bridger Bowl is 15 minutes away from campus.

Bozeman is no city. I am very big into concert going, and surprisingly my concert needs are fulfilled in Bozeman. There is a lot of amazing local music that is fun to support and some bigger name jam bands and bluegrass have started coming through Bozeman like Umphrey's McGee and Yonder this spring. There is a rather large bluegrass scene in the area.

You can meet any type of person here, and it is not a judgemental place. I have all types of friends from hippies to hicks to steezy ski bums and everything in between. The party scene is super fun as well. I have always had good weekends here. Parties are packed and high energy, sometimes there are bands, and everyone makes you feel welcomed.

Montana State University