StudentsReview :: Sweet Briar College - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

Friendly

ACT:29
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #001397; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1890
Average
Useful Schoolwork
C
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Jan 23 2013
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
Sweet Briar made me the person that I am today. I never would have had the opportunities to persue alternate paths of learning outside of the classroom like I did, and I never would have had the confidence to partake in activities like I did. The students have a respect for themselves, and a respect for others that I have not found in many other communities I have been a part of. The lines of cliques easily cross, and the social circles overlap and are blurred in a distinctily unstereotypical "mean girls" kind of way. The campus is isolated, but since over half of the students bring cars, it's easy to activities, and the school works very hard to make sure that there is always something going on for those who chose to stay on campus. Sweet Briar is a very strong, and very welcoming community. However, it is a very unique kind of college experience. I found this rewarding not only academically, but also personally. My advice is, as it would be with picking any school, it is really about the feel of the school, and how comfortable you are when you visit. I strongly encourage a visit to Sweet Briar, the website and simple discussion cannot convey the kind of relationship built between the students, faculty, and administrators.
Compare SBCSave SBC