StudentsReview :: Walden University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyF

Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Friendliness
B
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Feb 08 2013
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I majored in Healthcare Administration; I was able to maintain a 4.0 while working two jobs and caring for my family.

I am appalled at how little Walden thinks of their students. I switched majors right after I started and not one of the many academic advisers ever called me to go through the change in the requirements from program to program.

Advising is a joke-the staff there do not seem to have much of a clue about the different program offerings and what each requirement is.

Financial aid-is horrible as well. As long as there are no issues with your financial aid, you will be fine. However, the very last class I took there was a mix up. The financial aid person kept telling me "we CAN'T help you" The fact was, she could help, she just chose to read off of her script in front of her and not try to help at all. It was the same standard response for every question I asked.

I am also enrolled in a different college at the same time I was attending Walden. The difference between how students are treated is like night and day. Walden does not care about the students they have enrolled. If you are considering Walden, you will receive at least 3-5 phone calls a week from them until you are enrolled. After that, you will not hear from them at all.

Each time I had a problem arise, it took weeks to resolve it. Most times, the advice given was incorrect, or the staff just did not want to help.

There is definitely an attitude of not caring about the current, enrolled students.

Henry Ford Community College (MI) 1:negative