StudentsReview :: Belmont Abbey College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Afraid, Arrogant, Broken Spirit, Snooty, Closeminded

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:24
SAT1710
He cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Feb 20 2013
Major: Chemistry (This Major's Salary over time)
PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW IT WILL HELP YOU. This school is a trap. I am a bright Biochemistry major with a full 18 credit hour workload, I am not a half-student coasting through college. However, the school has seen it fit to do the following:

1. Charged with drug paraphernalia for having a never used, still in the box Zippo lighter.

2. Handcuffed and harassed for explaining to an officer why me and my friends were outside on a warm October night. We all had not touched one illegal substance or partaken in any illegal activity.

3. Force me to do over 30 hours of community service for having:

A ping pong ball in my drawer (they called it alcoholic gaming)

A small, completely legal knife (worth $125, they took it and "destroyed" it),

Being in a car with a 22 year old who was legally moving alcohol in his car.

4. Harassed weekly, sometimes daily by the Residential Assistants. They do this in the form of abuse, threats, and forced illegal searches on any item you may have.

5. Even though the handbook clearly states that all forms of tobacco are allowed on campus, you will get written up and potentially fined for owning a legal hookah.

The school also lied about their meal plan (a Jewish friend of mine is about to sue because he hasn't been able to eat according to his religion), the fitness center (it's never open), and the administration has personally lied to me about taking the police officer who harassed me off duty. I saw him the following weekend patrolling.

There is more then this as well, but the list goes on and on. stay away from this school.

responseWell, it is unfortunate that you experienced what you did. The college is toxic and full of drama. Quite frankly, your Jewish friend though was known to be a self-righteous and selfish jerk. Not saying that what he went through was fair, but I can see how he rubs people the wrong way.
Compare BACSave BAC