StudentsReview :: Radford University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA
Friendly, Broken Spirit

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful

ACT:29
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Social Life
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: Feb 27 2013
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
I don't really like Radford University.

It has a horrible reputation for being a party school, and most students here don't care about their academics. I worry that a potential employer will look at my resume and see Radford University and assume that I am a partier.

There is nothing to do on campus, apart from billiards or bowling. There is occasionally a movie playing in the Bonnie, and Up All Night events, but since I don't enjoy doing that, I don't go. They do have a lot of clubs, but none have looked interesting to me.

Food is okay; a fair selection compared to some schools, but there's not much to eat other than sandwiches, salads, greasy fast food, or crappy dining hall food.

I question the academic quality of the art department - I have yet to see incredibly pleasing work from the students. In my two semesters here, I've had quite a few bad professors - but also several really good ones.

The surrounding area is boring, but I like it only because I have family here and this is "home" to me. Main Street is depressing; businesses are constantly closing up and it looks completely run down. Other than a cute coffee shop on the street over from Main Street, there's no place that the non-partiers can go and hang out. No shops, either. Definitely not an urban landscape, if that's what you're looking for.

Would I transfer? If I found the perfect school with everything I want, yes.

PROS ~ beautiful campus ~ okay food ~ okay professors ~ okay housing ~ okay education

CONS ~ Bad reputation ~ Students don't care about their academics and only want to party ~ Depressing town ~ Extremely hard to get around without a car

Compare RadfordSave Radford