StudentsReview :: The University of Mary Washington - Extra Detail about the Comment

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

SAT2000
Useful Schoolwork
C-
She cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Date: Mar 07 2013
Major: Anthropology (This Major's Salary over time)
some quotes from "UMW confessions" (the fb page) HERES THE STUFF YOUR TOUR GUIDE DOESNT TELL YOU ABOUT UMW:

"I feel so unwelcome here. I'm generally an easy person to get along with and I have not met a single person who has been polite or anything like that. I've tried to make friends but the people here have no interest in talking to you if you don't drink or party and I do neither of these. I really dislike it and I don't see why everyone thinks its so great here."

"I HATE this school. almost everyone I know has or is transferring, and the people here are so rude. all my friends who have transferred are so much happier. I think I'm going to try to transfer before this friday's deadline? I can't wait to get out of here…"

""I reached out for help to multiple departments because I am unhappy here, but I want to be happy here. I keep getting ignored and my thoughts devalued. Asking for help and receiving none has made me hate being here more. I'm leaving and I don't even have anyone to tell because nobody has tried to make me feel welcome here.""

""I hate the fact that this school has too much white and not enough black. Where is the so called diversity that UMW promises and advertises. I am not hating, just voicing out an observation that I have made in my three and a half years on this campus. And yes am black and proud,as a matter of fact,am African and proud!""

"Everyone here judges me because I am overweight, and I hate it. I work out for over an hour everyday, and everyone still looks at me like it is contagious. I am just like everyone else here, and I don't deserve to be laughed at while I walk across campus."

"I feel like I don't have any friends here. I talk to people in my classes, and we are friendly outside of class, but no one ever invites me to hangout with them outside of class. I know that I am overweight and a commuter, so that doesn't help, but I promise I am a fun person to be around. I wish someone would give me a chance."

"As a heterosexual, I have experienced tons of prejudice and shunning from the gender-neutral community members despite many attempts to befriend or simply be polite to them. Acceptance and compassion needs to go both ways."

"Almost every day, I seriously regret coming to this school. All of my "friends" take advantage of me, treat me like a therapist instead of an equal, and finally ignore me while they move on to other people. I'm a magnet for basket cases and I can't stand any of the people that I hang out with. I wish that I could find friends who would treat me decently. I feel so alone."

"I used to love being at UMW but freshman year, people I thought I trusted as friends, harassed me via the internet and ruined the whole experience for me. Worst thing about it? I found out a year later that even my RA had known what they were doing and thought it was funny. Thanks UMW for being so kind and awesome ;) #sarcasm"

This is my first semester here and I'm a pretty friendly person but here I feel so shy. I've made like 3 friends. Sometimes I hate it and sometimes I love it here.
I'm the kid in class that smiles and pretends everything is ok. I'm actually completely broken inside and want nothing more than to be away from this place. This will never be home.
The only good thing about commuting to school is that I get to go home and pretend I have friends at college.

""I honestly think that from what I've seen that the freshmen class is filled with really shallow and unintelligent kids""

commentHope you have been able to transfer out and are now at a more supportive, less psychologically damaging place!Your input really helped!!
Compare UMWSave UMW