StudentsReview :: Seattle Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Faculty Accessibility
D-
A
She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Mar 27 2013
Major: Economics (This Major's Salary over time)
To be quiet honest this University cares more about its green grass then it does its academics or students. The whole time you are there you feel like you are on a conveyor belt. The school prides itself on "engaging the culture" but so long as the culture is the same as the one they are fostering. The small aspect of the school is unblanaced with how each student is treated like a number. The "christian" aspect of the school is a joke considering the Theology department and classes every student has to take states that the Bible is fiction. My roommate my freshmen year was later hospitalized for mental instability but during that year the dorm advisors would not allow me to move to another room, and said I needed to figure it out. The biggest dissapointment is the counselor system. You have all these layers of counselors with the stated mission to help you develop through your years at SPU. My experience was such that the only advisor out of the 10 different ones I had that would help me was my major advisor! You honestly cannot count on any advisors but those in your major. Overall the cost to go to this school for the quality of academics and the guiding hands that are supposed to be there to help you is grossly miscalculated. In the long run I wish I had gone to SU, or a state school.
Compare SPUSave SPU