StudentsReview :: Norfolk State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendliness
C-
Creativity/ Innovation
A
She cares more about Social Life than the average student.
Date: Apr 03 2013
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
My first year at Norfolk State University was great. Now I have a neutral feeling. There are days that I hate this university because of the restrictions and lack of activites on weekends. Sometimes I feel alone and want to transfer to another school. Making friends isn't that hard; however, this is a HBCU and most people stick with the same group of people. Example. Football players, greeks, cheerleaders, etc. Most people here are worried about their looks and "fitting in". Do not expect to have a great weekend unless you have a car and is able to attend events off campus. Norfolk State is not a party school. We might have one Gym party every 2 months. Most of our students commute, and others leave campus on the weekend. Therefore, without a car you might experience a lonely feeling on weekend nights. My best advice would be to join organizations to keep busy. Otherwise you'll hate it. We do have activities in the student union on weekdays that are inspirational and fun. Usually i'll advise people without a car to meet friends that drive so you can have life outside of campus. However, everyone isn't trustworthy! The professors are understanding for the most part. Staff isn't always helpful and some have nasty attitudes. Overall I have a neautral feeling about this school.
Compare NSUSave NSU