StudentsReview :: The University of Northwestern St Paul - Extra Detail about the Comment

The University of Northwestern St Paul

SafetyC+
Friendly, Afraid, Approachable

Useful Schoolwork
C
He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Apr 14 2013
Major: Business - Management and Administration (This Major's Salary over time)
I will be graduating NWC this Spring. I have read plenty of the other reviews, and I can see where many of them are coming from. Please understand, however, that Northwestern is changing for the better, but remaining grounded in Christian principles. This year, Student Government was able to make changes in regards to dancing and cable television on campus. Northwestern is bucking unnecessary "traditions", but still maintaining a solid foundation that is biblically based, as the college will openly tell you.

Beyond that, your college experience is what you make of it. Are there snooty, uptight, ultraconservative students on campus? Absolutely, there still are. During my time here, I have found friends and acquaintances alike who don't come close to that description. Chapel is what it is. I personally think it's kind of cool to at least get an entire student body together and congregate for just a half hour a day. I also believe chapel is changing for the better, as the campus ministries reigns are being handed over to some pretty cool dudes.

Beyond all of that, you will not find a faculty more willing to stick their necks out to make sure their students are excelling. I have had professors frequently invite me over for dinner, generate job leads, and schedule personal advisement times for me. The opportunity for excelling academically, especially in the business department, is great.

Again, your college experience at NWC is what you make of it. I believe students here have a much louder voice than they think they do. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Rows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual