StudentsReview :: Concordia University - Irvine - Extra Detail about the Comment

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Friendly, Approachable

Helpful, Condescending, Self Absorbed

C
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Jun 17 2013
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
Please take heed of my feedback. This college is all about money. If you do not come from a wealthy family—stay away. I went to this school because I thought it would be a great choice for me, bad move. If I could do it over again I would simply because the cost alone. It cost $40 grand a year to attend CUI. An average Cal State is a little over 10 grand a year. So if you go to a Cal State you would finish college in 4 years which is the equivalent cost of attending just 1 year at CUI. That alone is reason to stay away. I wish so badly every day since I started my 4 years there that I attended a Cal State. I hope when you read this you understand that if you are not wealthy, (or Lutheran like myself) just go to a Cal State or much cheaper school. Do not get excited over the beautiful campus and the friendliness they promote…it fades within the first couple months of school and then you realize how much money it is and you will not want to attend the next year.

commentAgreed! Even if you come from a wealthy family, do not come here because the school is like high school all over again. If you do want to pay this much money, go somewhere prestigious that's also fun like USC. Concordia was a big mistake for me and the very few intelligent students they manage to recruit regret coming here. The faculty they hire is pretty stupid too. I can have a more intelligent conversation with several high school teachers by far. Go elsewhere. You can do better than this place. It's worse than going to high school all over again. Fuck you, Concordia.
commentNo matter how much or how little money you have, just don't go here at all. Everyone knows that Concordia is a terrible school.
commentI agree with the above comments. I regret coming here every day. If you're looking for a real university in this part of Cali, why not apply to UC Irvine, UCLA, or USC? Those schools are 1,000 times better and 1,000 times more respected than Concordia.
question13th grade, anyone?