StudentsReview :: Christopher Newport University - Extra Detail about the Comment

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA

SAT1310
Useful Schoolwork
B-
Creativity/ Innovation
She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Jul 22 2013
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
CNU was my backup school, but when the school I wanted to go to didn't give me any scholarship money and one year there costed more than all of my years at CNU, I decided to give CNU a try. Best decision of my life. I went to summer orientation and SLAP week (for PLP kids) and hated everything about it and was dreading coming back in the fall. I have never been happier in my life when I got back to school. yeah the first week was awkward, but once I figured out the school and made friends, I was so beyond happy. I wanted a school I could party at and have a good time, and after looking at reviews on other sites, I was nervous about the party aspect because everyone said it didn't exist. they lied. yeah most parties are off campus but its not hard to get a ride or grab a cab. one review on this site says the RAs search for you drinking by doing hall checks. yes they do hall checks, but they are at the same time every single night and all you do it just quiet down a little for the 30 seconds they are on your hall. and about 95% of them couldn't give shit, they just do it because its mandatory for their job. my RA knew I was drinking all the time and really did not care. CNU food is okay, it gets old. but I love this school more than anything in the world and would never ever transfer. if someone hates it because the people are rude or they can't find parties, they must be doing something wrong.

oh and if you are thinking about PLP, honestly I hate PLP the most of anything at this school. some people love it, im just not one of them. I think the information is dumb and useless. if you can get just honors and still get the money, do that. but if not, the benefits for early housing is definitely a plus.

Compare CNUSave CNU