StudentsReview :: California State University Monterey Bay - Extra Detail about the Comment

California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo -- San Luis Obispo, CA

Friendly, Self Absorbed

University Resource Use
Safety
A
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Aug 13 2013
Major: Anthropology (This Major's Salary over time)
I came to CSUMB, lured in by their propaganda on their website. Much of what was showcased on the website was no longer in existence. Much needed classes that were listed on the catalogue had not actually been offered in years, and in my major classes were continually being cancelled every semester.

Student housing is particularly bad if you are an older adult student. The East Campus apartments went from being a nice community where one could live with a month-to-month lease, to being extremely uncomfortable and unwelcoming. Inspections happen frequently now, with housing reps going through the apartments, including ones closets, and one time I found a guy going through my dresser. The "lease" was changed so students are locked in for a year, and cannot move out or even switch roommates. I personally have lived here on campus for almost 3 years, and tried to move out over the summer, since I can no longer afford the apartment ($1210/month). I was denied permission to move out, and was told to apply for a hardship exception since I lost my job. This was also denied, and I am told I am not allowed to move out until May 2014. Not a good situation - avoid this school, or at least living on campus!

Compare CSUMB/CSMBSave CSUMB/CSMB