StudentsReview :: St Catherine University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Unhelpful

ACT:23
D-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Oct 30 2013
Major: Nutrition (This Major's Salary over time)
Good college if you're looking to be a nursing major. If not, go somewhere else. Mediocre and overpriced private school, I want to kick myself for not going to University of Minnesota Twin Cities.The food served in the cafeteria is the same everyday mostly. We are required to take a made up class called The Reflective Woman (all it is is learning how to write papers, writing reflections, and talking about God and feminism. I understand this is a Catholic institution, but practically every class? Come on!). That credit is nontransferable to any other college, so it ends up being a colossal waste of money if you decide not to stay (I took the CIS courses offered by the U by senior year for English so I already know how to write a paper). Your academic adviser is your TRW teacher, which I don't believe is the best thing. Also if I were to ask a question anywhere, I often get an "I don't know", and have to bounce from person to person to find the answer.The teachers here are pretty okay most of them (there was only one I have liked in particular). Except one. Despite the small class sizes, one keeps calling me Vang (he's done it twice over email, and after I have promptly him, I am still being called that. For fuck's sake, just because I'm the only Asian person in class does not mean my name is Vang you little shitball! I'm not even Hmong!). Also the dorm rules here are stricter than in other colleges. We can't have boyfriends stay the night (they can stay til 2am. Also you have to walk them and other guests everywhere you go on campus). I was written up for having two glasses of pink wine OFF campus (not cool). I wouldn't say everyone here is awful, it is not particularly social. Weekends are usually boring, and many people just end up going home. This doesn't feel like a school, but more like a bible camp to be very honest. I am looking to go somewhere where it's not just the nursing majors who matter.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania (PA) 1:negative