StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Unhelpful

Average
Creativity/ Innovation
She cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Jan 15 2014
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
If you are reading these reviews for a sign regarding whether or not you should go here-this is it.

I cannot even begin to describe the completely horrendous experience I have had here at APU. If you receive financial aid, take copies of absolutely EVERYTHING because the admissions office WILL loose it, lie to you and tell you everything is processed, then send you a letter two months later stating that your entire financial aid is CANCELLED. One person tells you one thing, then someone else tells you another…it's a never ending circle of misinformation and lies. The lack of professionallity in this place is absolutely ridiculous.

On top of the horrible admissions staff, the students are a whole other story. Get ready for judgemental christians who "like" you in your face but behind your back, well that's a whole different story. I thought I would meet genuine, Christ centered people here but I have yet to meet a single person I can call a friend. For example, I enjoy listening to Techno and electronic music, and for this reason I was called a drug addict and pill dealer.

Please, whatever you do, do NOT come here. Don't. Spend your money elsewhere.

responseLike you, I made the mistake of coming to APU. The faculty, students, and parents have got to be grossly delusional when they say that it's the best school in Cali. In reality, APU has one of the lowest averages of GPAs and admission test scores in the state. I got in with a 2.0, and I'm not an exception. I may not have done well in high school, but at least I don't go around overexaggerating about how good APU is. At least I admit that APU takes anybody who applies. Something else I think everyone should know is that at APU, I've had several teachers who openly made racial jokes several times and the class laughed. That's another example of how hypocritical even the teachers are. So if these things sound good to you, then go ahead and come here. But if you want to get the real university experience, go somewhere else that will give you an excellent education and great social life, like Stanford, Caltech, Pomona College, UCLA, USC, Harvey Mudd, Claremont, the list goes on.
Azusa Pacific University