StudentsReview :: California Baptist University - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- Berkeley, CA

Surrounding CityC+ Extra CurricularsA+
SafetyA+
Afraid, Approachable, Closeminded

Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
He cares more about Excess Competition than the average student.
Date: Jan 17 2014
Major: Civil Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Im going to keep this as neutral as possible, neglecting many factors such as age,ethnicity, gender,religion, etc. I do not want to reveal my age, race, gender, religion etc because that will defeat the purpose. I came to CBU from a community college after receiving a Cal Grant. Cal grants are based on GPA and student EFC, and are very selective. Cal grants are "use it or lose it" type grants. I couldnt get into any of my schools on such a short notice so CBU it was (reluctant and very apprehensive). I transfered about 30+ units from my CC, however be careful your units apply to your major! Engineering, nursing, and a few select majors have strict guidelines students must adhere to(found out the hard way a month into the civil engineering program). I went to their "step ahead" which is a selling point for some parents/students while older/OPS students it may be considered a waste of time. Here they glossed over my transfer units and generally did not provide a one on one appointment to answer questions you have about your schedule. make sure you get that time with an advisor before classes start! if you're broke (like myself) they do provide great financial aid the first year, subsequently it tapers off and they encourage students to max out loans or get on a payment plan (which i did, reluctantly). so my first semester in the civil engineering program went okay. i passed the intro engineering math w/ a 'C' (egr182) without prior knowledge of trig, calculus or physics(i was in tutoring all the time!) second semester got harder w/ C++(computer programming) the language equivalent for engineers(i had finished span 1 & 2 at a CC, doesnt cover language requirement). this class sucks! do not even take it here! they offer little to no tutoring at the ARC or ASC. take it at a CC! i took it twice, D- one semester and F the next :(. i worked my butt off too. anyways. i could go on about the school, expensiveness, 4:1 girl-guy ratio, lack of diversity(in a lot of areas) BUT… hey I am just one person. in conclusion, i left after 1.5 semesters, i saw my debt piling up and thought to myself… "for the price of this school, there are not adequately trained or many tutors available…" just do yourself a favor before enrolling. get a piece of paper and write down where you're at financially, education, and religious wise etc… ask yourself "do i want to really invest AKA go into debt at THIS school?" here, you're just more money for them to expand their "mission"… be careful. you're a number here too.
Compare CBUSave CBU