StudentsReview :: Tuskegee University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityB Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyB+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:30
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
SAT1200
B
Friendliness
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Feb 06 2014
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Tuskegee University is a GREAT school. I came here because my parents were gradates. I thought the school would be a piece of cake, since it is an HBCU. Man, was I surprised to find that many of the courses were extremely challenging. Like anywhere else, some of the teachers were cool and fairly easy to understand and some of the courses, like those in you major, were tough but you felt good when you passed. Some of my friends who already graduated are already working. Their instructors helped them get jobs. One of my friends who majored n Chemical Engineering is now making $90,000+/year at Chevron. He was from a small town in Alabama and Tuskegee recruited him and helped him get internships at different companies so that when he graduated he had the options of going to grad school, law school, medical school or industry. He chose industry because he wanted to make money to help his family. What kind of school prepares you like that?

The campus is beautiful. The university invests a lot of resources to keep it up. IT IS OTHER STUDENTS themselves who deface the school. I've seen people throw trash on the ground, write on the walls, and whoever put excrement in the bathrooms or left dirty sanitary items in the bathroom was just a nasty person. Tuskegee is NOT responsible for the fact that some of the students they let in are ghetto people with no home training. The problem is that Tuskegee cares about its students. They accept students who are on the borderline of being college ready and then have to spend a lot of time helping them get where they are supposed to be. Some of the people here wold not have gotten in at other schools, so to throw shade at TU after te school gave you a chance is messed up. If you don't like the school you should transfer. TU is an accredited school with students here from all over the world. The instructor care and there are a lot of social activities to get involved in. The SGA puts together a lot of programs and the alumni really support the school. TU has helped a lot of people. I wold recommend the school in a heartbeat. I am a student here and I am about to graduate. I am glad I came. I now have some people who are gong to be in my corner for life. It's cool knowing that the teachers really care and that I am important to them, not just some random person. I love my school. TU..YOU KNOW!!! T…U…..YOUUUUUUUUU KNOWWWWWWWWWW!

Compare TuskegeeSave Tuskegee