StudentsReview :: Eastern Washington University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Eastern Washington University

Friendly, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Useful Schoolwork
Safety
A
She cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Mar 15 2014
Major: Art & Design Department (This Major's Salary over time)
The structure of the administration is partially run by students who don't give a damn. I got an email a couple of days ago letting me know they found my Student ID card, which, to be fair, I lost. But they found it in September of last year, and decided to email me 6 months later about it. Fair warning, if you replace your ID card, you can't re-activate your old ID card, thus losing any print credit and ability to check out books should you decide you want to use your old ID incase you lose your new ID card. The only area I have been able to get help is in Financial Aid and Registration, but that is because this is the only school I have attended for higher education other than some sprinkled community college classes. I gave up on advisors and took my own path to nailing down the classes I needed to get my degree. I have had a minor experience, and I have heard plenty of other students horror stories about taking classes their advisors told them to take that ended up having nothing to do with their pursuant degree. My course material was disappointing. It was hardly structured, and in some cases, wasting my time.

I will be ecstatic the day Higher Education systems take into consideration knowledge that you already have and apply it to your degree, rather than basing your education on how much time you spend in the class room. Seriously, the attendance feels like high school, and even if you may get an A on a mid term and a B on a final, you can still end up with a 1.0. Personal Experience.

I have been blessed by a few teachers who actually give a decent damne, those I hope to hold tight as friends later in my life. The art building is cohesive, but vague- it allows your art to develop in your own way, which is nice, but can be tricky if you need direction.

I don't recommend getting on the meal plan. it is literally an extra step of putting cash on your ID card, vs just paying cash. And the food is questionable at best.

It is nice that they like to have health services for students, but I never use them, and have health insurance for myself. Also, they will charge you a Recreational Center Fee, and if you are a book worm, like myself, it is a pointless charge.

I would definitely categorize this school under "Money Suck"- they will charge you pointless fees all the time. The online portal to access any kind of financial or student information is poorly manageable, and split into three different sections- not connected to library login, which for my entire career here I have never been able to log into to look up or check out books- and no helpful response from administration, as expected.

I have thrown in the towel on this school. I am sad that this was my higher education experience, and wish I would've gone to a more prestigious school considering my passion for learning. Simply happy to be graduating this year. Send me out.

Compare EWUSave EWU