StudentsReview :: Northern Michigan University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Useful Schoolwork
D-
Friendliness
B+
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: May 01 2014
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
I just finished my freshman year at Northern, and have been accepted to a better school that I am transferring to in the fall. Northern was a stepping stone for me. To be honest, I partied a lot and did not work much in high school, and did not have the best grades. Northern was close to home and I easily got admitted, so I got here and worked hard. I got a 4.0 easily—the standards are not that high—and still managed to have a pretty good time. The town and area are, after all, very pretty and there is more to do than you would think. My apartment was nice, but then it should have been for the price. Parking is good. Most of the students, however, are locals and not very intellectually oriented… basically here just go cruise through without thinking or working much, thinking their degree will get them a spot in the middle class. In summary, if you were an underachiever in high school or aren't quite ready to leave home, use NMU to your advantage until you're ready and able to move on to bigger and better things. But don't dally too long.
questionWhat else could you tell me about this school? This is my dream school and my grades in school werent the best at all. I hope i get admitted. If you plan on playing a sport does that help you out more into being accepted?
Compare NMUSave NMU