StudentsReview :: Ferrum College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Approachable, Violent, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly, Helpful, Condescending

D-
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She cares more about Creativity/ Innovation than the average student.
Date: Jul 16 2014
Major: Education (This Major's Salary over time)
I fell in love with Ferrum the momment I stepped on campus. As anyone with the right mind who comes to ferrum would tell you, it is what you make it, but Ferrum is also not for everyone. As far as classes: they're small, no more than 30 kids and it could be as small as 5. I like small classes because its easier to open up and have a raw discussion. However, if youre someone who enjoys sitting in the back of class and doesnt want to get called on DON'T COME TO FERRUM. Faculty: I believe you will find faculty members that care and ones that don't every where and its no different for Ferrum. There are select teachers of mine that I know want me to succeed and some who only want that paycheck at the end of the day. My tip for avoiding them? find someone older whos had time to jump around with teachers. Follow their advice on who to try and get for your professors. Campus life/extracurriculars: There are things to do, but at the same time there arent things to do. Lots of things that deal with nature if thats not your cup of tea, youll have to propose new ideas. Most people "make their own fun", allllllll the time. Neither are my cup of tea so i hang out with those who are like me. I was lucky enough to not have a roommate my first year, so i was free to watch/do whatever whenever. That brings me to friends: theres going to be someone for everyone. I spent time, like i said with those who were like me, and thats all that matters & all you need to do. Realize that people will not like you, people will spread rumors, sleep with your boyfriend and lie about it, ect ect, but thats not just ferrum, its every college. choose. your. friends. wisely. Those who said they would be there for you will be the ones posting pictures of you naked because you drank too much tequilla. Food: honestly, It sucks. If i eat, its only breakfast, or something the kitchen cannot mess up like cereal. The kitchen ladies are super nice and work hard but you will find yourself running through your dinning money at papa johns or subway because the kitchen decided to serve eggplant. there isnt much of a variety either. I love Ferrum, but that is a huuuuuge downfall. my advice, find meals you like, and only eat on those days . save your dinning dollars for night when the eggplant comes out. Dorms: as a freshman you will be put in sue wes, riddick, or chapman. sue wes is the best out of them, but still horrible, people tend to keep to themselves, and arent as disruptive. riddick is a little noisier, and crazier, then chapman is the loudest and craziest. sue wes is also goin to be the cleanest, riddick second and chapman dirtiest. dyer and clark are the nicest dorms on lakeside (lakeside is all that i just listed) each room has its own bathroom and theres a common kitchen. its quiet and gorgeous. bassett houses most athletes, and most of the students . four people share a bathroom, and east basset is cleaner than north. arthur and moore are apartment style i believe, kitcchens bathrooms the whole shabang. my advice, alllllways keep your room clean , dont be the dirty roommate, and shower. like i said in the beginning college is going to be what you make it, dont lose yourself trying to be someone else and dont sell yourself short . find your group of friends- you may pick the wrong ones a few times but thats okay keep pushing & good luck!
Compare FerrumSave Ferrum