StudentsReview :: The University of Missouri St Louis - Extra Detail about the Comment

The University of Missouri St Louis

SafetyD+
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

Friendly, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:21
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Creativity/ Innovation
A-
She cares more about Individual Value than the average student.
Date: Jul 24 2014
Major: English (This Major's Salary over time)
WATCH OUT FOR FINANCIAL AID AT THIS SCHOOL! First off, I'm not going to say that this school is a bad school because it really isn't. The students are nice and there are those teachers who just hate you and those teachers who love their job. I've had both. One was just racist. Anyway, I'm neutral for now because this is only my second year. Still, things could be better. Not only did a teacher try to report me because she literally said in the email that she thought I didn't like her personality but no higher persons talked to her, I was the one who received a person to talk to about my problem with her. I major in English but I minor in art. The art program for me is the main fun thing at this school and is really refreshing. The teachers are challenging but like best friends to work with so are the art students. The English major could be better. It's alright but doesn't really point on the things I would like.

ON TO THE FINANCIAL AID THOUGH! The financial aid at this school is a joke. I'm going to warn you now. Just like they did my older sister and friends, you'll have a great first year with them, but the longer you stay, the more they mess up your financial aid. My first year was great the financial aid was on point and I'm on the Dean's List so that helps with grants and my scholarships. Suddenly though as the second year rushed upon me, I realized I didn't get a notification about my financial aid package like all my friends were. I called in and found out that not only had they not processed my verification form that I had submitted because I had gotten chosen for it, but I also found out that the person who was supposed to mail me and notify me about an important worksheet that they added, never did. I never received a notification and I was informed that the person never mailed it to me like they were supposed to. So not only is my financial aid going to be late to pay for my classes but I have to obtain a waiver so they won't charge me a late fee for not paying my classes on time since it was seriously the financial aid's fault. The worse part was that when I received the worksheet it said that if I hadn't had responded to it in thirty days they were going to naturally assume I wasn't interested in my financial aid any longer. I found out about this worksheet about 15 days into it's 30 day period it supposedly had on there. So if I'd gone another 15 days of waiting and seeing about my financial aid package, they just would've taken me off. The verification worksheet takes 10 days to process and when that's done then they process my financial aid package which takes another 14 days. Thanks…-_- But yeah, I never got what people complained about with the financial aid since my first year was great but now I see. They did my older sister the same way. What I'm saying is this, if you're going to come to this school, then watch out for your financial aid 24/7 because they're prepared to not give you your money. They also take several days to respond to email if you were in that situation and couldn't call them. You're better off calling the cashier office or emailing them because they respond immediately. The financial aid weren't going to notify anytime soon about this worksheet that was supposed to be mailed to be but never was…shame…I was just liking this school.

Compare UMSLSave UMSL