StudentsReview :: Grand Canyon University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Faculty Accessibility
B+
Academic Success
A
He rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Jul 27 2014
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
I completed my undergraduate degree as a BSN here at GCU after 12 years experience as a RN and 7 years in EMS. The curriculum in the BSN program is reasonable, challenging and does require some effort on the students part to perform research and required course work. I will agree that some course work was easier than others, but that is the same with any university.

I've been to the campus and I am very impressed with the cleanliness and approachability of the staff and students. For being a Christian University, their faith and morals on helping a student succeed is top quality. I have spoke with a couple of different counselors (financial, academic, etc), but I keep in close contact with Roslen Tejada who has been phenomenal in support and encouragement throughout my education process.

I took the time to read some of both the positive and negative comments for this University and I would have to say I agree with some (like the CLC projects) and highly disagree with many of the negative comments. My suggestion…people who attend college should be expected to perform at a college level (maturity and educationally) and GCU will hold you accountable. They do a terrific job and like many students, it is important to take advantage of every opportunity and assistance that the University has to offer.

In conclusion: I would highly recommend GCU to those students who are able to take initiative, have great leadership qualities, are able to learn independently and invest the time into their education. If you have any questions regarding my educational experience here at GCU (of which I'm a graduate student as well), you are more than welcome to contact me.

Cheers!