StudentsReview :: George Mason University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

SAT1750
Social Life
C+
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Sep 25 2014
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
I've had mostly positive experiences here at Mason. I do see where all the negative reviews are coming from, but they just were not things that I, personally, experienced. The school really is diverse and everyone has their own life and their own thing going on that no two people will have the same perception.

First and foremost, if you are looking to party and have some crazy college life, you are not going to like it here. I'm not this type of person, so I have no problem with Mason in this aspect. The weekend really is dead on campus, with the exception of a few events here and there. If you're living on campus, you're just going to have to make other on-campus friends and come up with your own ways to have fun.

The academic is fine from the classes I have taken. The professors are very knowledgeable and seem dedicated to their subject, but I do understand that there are some ridiculously tough and unreasonable professors out there. It kind of just depends on your major…and luck. Academic advising is also pretty good. The other day I had trouble with some classes and I went to see advising and they were so helpful.

Overall, I like Mason. I know it's not for everybody, so I'm not going to say that everyone should come here. I know some people who are studying here, but spend all their time talking about how much they like UVA or VA Tech. Likewise, I also have friends who really like it here. It just depends on what you want out of college.

George Mason University