StudentsReview :: Azusa Pacific University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Arrogant, Condescending, Self Absorbed

ACT:25
SAT1700
Safety
He cares more about Campus Maintenance than the average student.
Date: Oct 13 2014
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
First off I like many people thought it would be a good idea before coming to APU to attend a preview weekend. The preview weekend was awesome, there was games and lots of activity that made you feel like you were actually at college, but reality soon hits you right in the face on your first weekend at APU. Everybody leaves there is no such thing as, "community" which they highly pride themselves on. I love going to church but I don't pay 40,000 a year to be forced to go to chapel. Also they force you to volunteer in the community getting 120 credits before you are allowed to graduate. Personally after attending APU and being forced to, "volunteer" is greatly discouraging and makes me not want to volunteer on my own free will. Honestly I don't know where all the money of our tuition goes to, APU is not the nicest school by any means if anything it is a glorified high school. A vast majority of the students here are perfect examples of why people resent Christians and do not believe in God. They are so hypocritical and judgmental. Many students complain about the school not being accepting towards certain subjects, obviously forgetting that it is a CHRISTIAN university and not a public university. Do not expect to get any outside speakers that are not pastors, APU is very sheltered and close-minded. I look forward to transferring so I can actually get into a decent medical school because APU is not as good as they claim to be and are actually lower in rank than my local cal state college at home. Please do yourself a favor and do not go to APU there are better places to go for your money that would be more beneficial to your future and overall enjoyment of college.

responseThe preview weekend with the games and other activities were frankly stupid for me. At my high school (that isn't even a top one), we did activities like APU's.

I agree that APU is just like a typical high school and I really had more challenging classes in HS than at APU.

I also wonder what APU does with the exorbitant tuition they charge b/c the campus is worn down and gross.

responseSince it's your goal to go to medical school, you should transfer to a top university like USC, UCLA, even Pepperdine because good medical schools think that APU is a joke (and they're so right)! APU doesn't prepare any of its students for good professional schools or graduate schools.
Azusa Pacific University