StudentsReview :: The University of California - Irvine - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of California -- San Diego, CA
University of California -- Davis, CA

The University of California - Irvine

Alumni Survey

Super Brilliant
Date: Nov 24 2014
Major: Urban Planning (This Major's Salary over time)
I absolutely loved my UCI experience. It is definitely a top university. Unfortunately, I feel that it may sometimes get overlooked/underrated. Your experience at UCI (and in life in general) is up to you—you determine your path and what you take from it.

UC Irvine took me on a fantastic journey of self-discovery. I started out determined to work in urban planning. I focused specifically in community development, took some graduate level classes in demography, and supplemented my education with business and accounting classes.

During my senior year, the school of social ecology (which houses the urban studies/planning degree program) requires that students take on a field study assignment. Thanks to UCI's reputation, I was able to secure an amazing field study opportunity at a local nonprofit (that typically recruited from USC). This nonprofit was a member based organization of high net worth individuals. I had the opportunity to network with them, and attend events where I met and connected with very high profile people (US Senators and Congressmen, Governors, Foreign Dignitaries, and Fortune 500 C-Level executives). Two of the members of the organization ended up scooping me up as soon as I graduated. Then, out of no where, I decided that I wanted to relocate across the country. A senior staff member of the organization helped me to network with an individual in my new city, and it landed me my current job.

I owe the seed of my success to UC Irvine!

Though I am not directly using my degree, it has helped me tremendously. The Urban Studies program is very interdisciplinary, and training my mind to be comfortable with wearing many different hats has been invaluable in my professional development.

UC Irvine is very research focused, and it demands that its students are as well… This has been tremendously advantageous as I can dig up high quality and very valuable business information faster than the majority of my peers. Even my demography classes paid off in my current profession, and I use my community development education to help forge social media strategies.

I am very grateful to have attended such a wonderful school. I built many relationships with students AND professors, and maintain contact with them. One professor is even game to help me on my entrepreneurial path—with securing investment money—when I decide to embark on it.

Thank you UC Irvine.

commentKind of appropriate to study urban planning in Irvine, one of the most "planned" towns in the nation. UCI does have some OK programs, but the students are whack. Half of 'em are tech spies for China, and the other half are jihadis. Weird.
responseI, too, have loved my UCI experience. Our student government just banned the American flag! How cool is that! I hate this imperialist, racist nation. I hope someone nukes the hell out of it. We tried to adopt the ISIS anti-colonialist banner as our official student body flag, but the Repugnicant, Zionist administration blocked it. Wait till next year, though!
The University of California - Irvine