StudentsReview :: The University of Minnesota Twin Cities - Extra Detail about the Comment

University of Wisconsin -- Madison, WI

Arrogant, Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

ACT:34
Excess Competition
A
He cares more about Friendliness than the average student.
Date: Mar 10 2015
Major: Chemical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
If you're thinking about doing chemical engineering here, don't. The faculty as assholes. They hate you as students. We started with 250 kids. We're down to 110 in our department as a 3rd year student. They're going to fail 20 more kids out of the program. They design tests such that you can't finish. Your curve in the department is a ful .65 grade points worse than that of even the mechanical engineering department, plus to get into the program you need at least a 3.2 gpa. I had a 4.0 freshman year in the fall, and I'm about to fail my classes now. My workload is about 2-3 times that of students in other departments here. Avoid the chemical engineering department at all costs. I can't stress it enough. I've never seen people cheer so hard for you to fail. I spent 40 hours in one week on a lab report. The class average on that report was under 20%. Why? What could that possibly teach? This department needs to be stopped.
questionRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual