StudentsReview :: Western Washington University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Brown University -- Providence, RI

Survey is Blank
Friendly, Afraid, Snooty, Closeminded

Helpful, Arrogant, Unhelpful

Not so bright
He cares more about Safety than the average student.
Date: Jan 19 2016
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
I entered BTC at 17 hoping to become a computer network technician, but dropped out until later in life. Finally in Western at age 27 and it's the worst experience of my life. Not only am I entering debt with student loans for the first time, but the entire school is awful.

So far… I couldn't schedule a 20 minute conflict between two science classes… It happened one day a week… So now I have to not only sit 3 hours in between my only two classes 3 days a week, but I have to drive 35 minutes into the school on Tuesday for 50 minute class and Thursday for a lab… Thanks you, you people are beyond incompetent. It only took me weeks of talking to every section of the school in order to figure out who had the power to deny me that..

Next issue: From the broken walkways, to constant construction, to HIGHLY overpriced TINY books($102 for 7x5 book).. Let's not forget the water fountains that don't work… Or the 3 broken printers I managed to go to before finding the 4th black and white one working… Only for it to turn my gray boxes with text in them to solid black boxes… Thank God I could read off my lab partner.

Then we go onto parking for the school, which is non-existent if you want free close to school parking. They hugely overcharge a $2/hr fee for their pot hole filled gravel lots. Don't worry though, you can take a bus from some parking lot… But wait you have to print something and get an ID to even ride it.

Let's then go on to the quality of labs. Bio 204 - lab consists of plants and mycorrhizae. Well to show you how stupid the lab creator is, you have to know about plants… Which fortunately is my hobby. For starters, we use seeds instead of clones… So there's one HUGE flaw. Entirely different genetic information vs same. Then we use synthetic nutrients along with this myco… Clearly myco benefit from the bacteria and organic dry nutes in the soil. They trade each other… Synthetic nutes absorb right away due to chelation, into the roots… Somehow everyone missed this and they had no excuses except that it was a low level science class. Glad I could take out my first loan to be taught a middle school science class. FFS.

"Not so bright"… Yeah or I didn't fill out all the stupid shit on this site because I'm furious.
Clearly not "entirely" different genetic info, but different phenotypes=different nutrient demands. Too angry to think clear in morning before breakfast, f it.
Let's not forget the terrible chairs/tables they use. Or the even worse combo setup with the tiny table attached to the chair with a short back, that moves too easily. Where around half are for leftys
To clarify, I would have had to go 2-3 times a week if I got the schedule I wanted, now I attend 5x. 35min drive everyday
Last, if anyone reads the comments… I do really like the teachers I have. The scheduling is beyond awful, but the teachers are great. The printers also may have no worked because it was the start of the quarter… Too many people, too much stuff going through
Compare WWUSave WWU