StudentsReview :: Ouachita Baptist University - Extra Detail about the Comment

SafetyA+
Friendly, Snooty, Closeminded

Friendly

ACT:25
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #977500; line-height:80px';float:left;
Extra Curriculars
She cares more about Extra Curriculars than the average student.
Date: May 15 2016
Major: Other (This Major's Salary over time)
The school is an excellent school to grow as a Christian,if the opportunity is taken advantage of. Not necessarily in the classroom, but through others. However, there are the "high & mighty Christians" & the "Ask for forgiveness later Christians". Both groups are very critical of the other & there are a very few who are in between. I am an African American & I must say that the diversity in this campus is absolutely horrible. I don't know how many times it is assumed that I play some kind of sport because it just isn't common for African Americans to have brains. & when the professors find that out, they constantly feel the need to tell you how impressed they are… Translation: "Let's praise the black kids so they won't go to jail or get pregnant & drop out." It may not be exactly the case, but many feel that way. Ouachita is apparently this "perfect world" that I only get to hear my snobby classmates how their family has been it for generations, but I don't think I'll ever get to witness for myself because Ouachita STILL hasn't given minorities the chance to enter. If don't feel welcome.. Why Am I here? Mainly because I need them to know that 1. I'm only here to grow as a Christian, get my degree, & show them that I will make it simply because I can.
Compare OBUSave OBU