StudentsReview :: The University of Northwestern St Paul - Extra Detail about the Comment

The University of Northwestern St Paul

Alumni Survey

Date: Aug 21 2001
Major: Communications (This Major's Salary over time)
My time at NWC was a wonderful 4 years, and I still miss it to an extent. I met many, many incredible people—students and professors—who have changed my life. I was technically in the "Broadcasting" department, and the professor who was there (who had sadly moved on) was instrumental in helping me grow in the field. Spiritually, NWC is solid. While there are always the profs that drive you nuts in ANY college, most of the Bible Profs were open to the student's opinions, without allowing them to just say anything.

The only problem people might have are in the rules. While nowhere near as legalistic and domineering and Pensacola College or Bob Jones; some will not care for the infamous "No Dancing" rule, the no smoking, drinking, and the somewhat lenient Cerfew for 1st Quarter Freshmen. Also, on another topic, the college board appears to be getting a little too big for their britches recently. They essentally fired a wildly popular School President recently, and they also just let go a few long-time workers in order to save money with the Janitoral and Services department, in a move that they didn't even research (the new people have a horrible track record).

But those issues may not even be something that the average person may care about, but I thought it would be fair so that you'd get a full view of the school. Otherwise, I love NWC and have many, many good memories of the school.

Compare UNWSP/UNSPSave UNWSP/UNSP