StudentsReview :: Pensacola Christian College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA
Friendly

ACT:27
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
Average
Academic Success
B+
Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty
She rated most things higher than other students did.
Date: Sep 18 2004
Major: Religion/Religious (This Major's Salary over time)
I have been very appalled at what I read. I will not mention any names or specific reviews as requested, but I must say, your'e right, PCC is not for everyone. However, God does call some people there and it is extremely discouraging to read many of these reviews. Honestly, if you feel God has called you, don't let anything anyone says or does ever deter you from doing so. Yes, some of the rules seem tough and maybe a little outlandish sometimes, I don't agree with everything, and yes, I have balked at the authority sometimes, but you know, according to the Bible that is wrong. You recieve a book of the eneral rules before you come and you get a more detailed one when you get here, but with the right attitude towards authority which you are supposed to have anyways, it won't be that hard. The classes I have taken are extremely practical. I have learned many things and feel so much more prepared to serve God on the mission field. And so you say, oh she's a Bible major used to the rules and willing to live like that for the rest of my life. Not really!! For those of you going into the professional fields, I have taken several classes, and have had plenty of roommates to know- the classes, faculty, and staff are excellent!!!!! Many of the teachers are fresh out of college, but that simply means that they know excatly what they're talking about, cause they just studied it, and it's also a blessing, because they know what's t like to be a student. True, the more seasoned teachers are stricter and more challenging, but that gives the school an excellent balance.

As to the staff and deans, most of them are so wonderful. The people that stick out the most in my mind would be Dean Ohman, Dean Baer, Miss Covey, and Miss Christina Morris. They have all been wonderful examples and encouragements to me. When I did do something against the rules and had to be reprimanded by them, it was all in the way I responded to their correction. And that is the basic jist of it all. It's all in your attitude. And if you need an attitude adjustment, just listen up in chapel. The variety and excellent spirit of the chapel speakers has changed my life(through the Holy Spirit of course!!!!)

I would definitely recommend this school to anyone. NO it's not for everyone and it's going to take sweat, blood and tears to get through, but you know what—so does the rest of life!!! That is not menat to be harsh. It's simply the truth. My prayers go with you as you decide on which college GOD wants you to attend.

Compare PCCSave PCC