StudentsReview :: Southern Polytechnic State University - Extra Detail about the Comment

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA

Friendly, Helpful, Arrogant, Self Absorbed

SAT1100
University Resource Use
A
She cares more about Campus Aesthetics/ Beauty than the average student.
Date: Dec 07 2008
Major: Mechanical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Let me tell you about SPSU…When I first went to SPSU, I was told about the high quality of the school. Not so much the case. In advanced classes, calculus is over looked and it is not expected of the students to know. It helps if you want it easy, but what employer will respect that? The classes are dummied down for the students here, and many of them need it. I guess thats what the Technology tacked on to the end of your engineering degree stands for. As far as the teachers are, they are all very friendly. Some of them are no smarter than the students attending the school and should be teaching at a technical school somewhere. I have one teacher at the school who actually takes 5 points from your final grade per absence. Sounds childish to me. They give parking tickets like that is their only source of income. Their technology university status should be smacked down because of their lack of it. Its my 3rd year in college and my 1st semester in SPSU. I feel like I was tricked into going here. Thought I'd catch a break here vs. Tech, and believe me, I caught a break all right. If your considering GA Tech, go for tech or you'll regret it like I do.
Southern Polytechnic State University