StudentsReview :: Lake Forest College - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityC- Extra CurricularsB+
SafetyA+
Friendly, Approachable

ACT:29
id='quarter' class='snapshot' style='color: #009704; line-height:80px';float:left;
C-
Faculty Accessibility
She cares more about Surrounding City than the average student.
Date: Apr 02 2011
Major: Political Science (This Major's Salary over time)
I love being a student at Lake Forest! The first year was a little bit of a rough transition, but as I got more involved on campus and found a great group of friends it has become my second home. It's true that Lake Forest is really small and can get cliquey, but I really believe that there is a group of people for everyone here. The student population is really diverse and I'm constantly meeting interesting people. My main complaint about the school is that, because of its size, I sometimes get very claustrophobic on campus (although I don't have a car, which would probably alleviate that feeling) so boredom and restlessness is something I have to deal with occasionally. This is usually short-lived though because, again due to the size, friends are never far away! Also, I really can't say enough about the academic opportunities that the College has offered me. I studied abroad last semester and had the best internship I could have asked for, and am going abroad again next semester. My advisers are super helpful and have helped me figure out my entire grad school plan, and they do a lot of networking for me; any time they meet a professional in my field of interest they always give them my name and contact information. You could never get this kind of personalized attention at a larger state school! I have made faculty connections and friendships with students I know will last forever…all in all I'm really happy I came to LFC!
Lake Forest College