StudentsReview ™ :: Mark a survey Invalid or inform SR staff
      Students Know Best Since 2000.

Who's got the Best (variable)?

Submit My Review
Dynamic Rankings
Compare U's
About that Major?
Career & Salaries

Mark a survey and Inform Staff
Please do not overuse -- this is just intended to notify SR staff of probably invalid surveys. We will not "edit" or censor existing valid surveys.

This Survey/Comment is:
High Grammatical Error
Malicious Intent/Faked
Probably Admissions
Added notes (max 100 chars):

Please remember that all surveys, even vulgar ones or those with poor grammar, convey something about the student body and the institution.

Existing Review Notes:
Administration:

Peer Review:

Statistical Analyzer:

Survey (Identifying information hidden.)
2004_BRILLIANT: 0.00000 2004_IVY: 0.00000 2004_WEIGHTING: 0.00000 ACT: 28 AcademicSuccess: 9.23 Again: 0 Attitude: 0 Competitive: 3.08 Creativity: 8.46 ExCuricular: 3.85 FAttitude1: 1 FAttitude2: 0 FAttitude3: 1 FAttitude4: 0 FAttitude5: 1 FAttitude6: 1 FacultyAcc: 3.08 Friendly: 8.46 FromArea: 2 FundingUse: 4.61 Gender: 1 GradYear: 15 Grounds: 7.69 Intellect: 4 Maint: 5.38 MindExpect: 5 MindUse: 3 Programs: 3.85 SAT: 0 SAttitude1: 1 SAttitude2: 0 SAttitude3: 1 SAttitude4: 1 SAttitude5: 0 SAttitude6: 0 SAttitude7: 1 SAttitude8: 0 SCKEY: 85264 Safety: 9.23 Social: 4.61 Standing: 0 SurroundingCity: 4.61 TAclasses: 1 Usefulwork: 6.92 WEIGHTING: 0.00000 Worth: 2.31 unsubscribe: 0 No/invalid Email Address left

I am currently a freshman at RISD, and to be honest I've been disappointed by the education I've been receiving so far. Yes, there is a good amount of work, especially in the freshman year, but quite a bit of it seems arbitrarily time-consuming. I've found that my instructors have supported innovation, but they want a certain breed of creativity. Whenever I've attempted to push limits by departing from the original prompts and elevating my work to a developed conceptual exploration (such as creating an installation for a drawing class) I have been punished for not following directions. I was expecting more support of development of our individual ideas. I also expected more provocative and energetic professors, when this past semester I found that a majority of my instructors were more focused on finding ways to waste class time than actually instilling any new knowledge or skills in us. I've also found that this is not a school for anyone who comes from a family that isn't well-to-do. Coming from a family with very little money, and going to RISD on scholarship, I've found that everyone that goes here, including the faculty, assumes that you have money. There are often frivolous and unnecessarily expensive items on my supply lists, and prior to going here I've never felt so marginalized due to my social class. There are also plenty of amazingly talented people here, but there are also quite a few people who, for lack of a better phrase, bought their way in. This school seems to be alright with accepting underqualified students as long as they'll pay the tuition, and the lack of integrity I've witnessed (such as my own room-mate's, who has plagiarized multiple assignments) has reached a point that I've lost faith in this institution. I'm currently applying to transfer out of RISD next year, because even with a nearly full tuition scholarship, the financial burden is still significant, and the insulting lack of passion I've seen here has led me to conclude that a lot of this school is BS.

Link me!