StudentsReview ™ :: Mark a survey Invalid or inform SR staff
      Students Know Best Since 2000.

Who's got the Best (variable)?

Submit My Review
Dynamic Rankings
Compare U's
About that Major?
Career & Salaries

Mark a survey and Inform Staff
Please do not overuse -- this is just intended to notify SR staff of probably invalid surveys. We will not "edit" or censor existing valid surveys.

This Survey/Comment is:
High Grammatical Error
Malicious Intent/Faked
Probably Admissions
Added notes (max 100 chars):

Please remember that all surveys, even vulgar ones or those with poor grammar, convey something about the student body and the institution.

Existing Review Notes:
Administration:

Peer Review:
99.189.109.212:valid::oops I graduated in 2010 (not sure why class of 2000 is shown lol)

Statistical Analyzer:

Survey (Identifying information hidden.)
Anywhere: 1 Charac: 1 ContactOk: 1 Csalary: 0 Gender: 0 GoingWell: 1 HigherED: 1 Intelligence: 4 Motivation: 4 Position1: Talent Acquisition Coordinator (current) Position2: Data Entry Clerk Position3: HR Clerk Position4: Accounts Payable Clerk Position5: Office Clerk Position6: Receptionist Preparedness: 3 Professional: 0 Relevance: 0 Reputation: 2 ReviewLevel: 0 SCKEY: 95615 Satisfied: 1 Ssalary: 10000 StartingJob: temp position StillInField: 0 UContrib1: 1 UContrib2:  UContrib3:  UContrib4:  WhereURNow1:  WhereURNow2:  WhereURNow3:  WhereURNow4: 1 WhereURNow5:  WhereURNow6:  WhereURNow7: 0 WhereURNow8:  Year: 10 Valid Email Address

Hello to those reading this. Let me be as transparent as possible... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, PERSONALITY, LIFE AT THIS RIDICULOUS INSTITUTION. I must say coming to CSUDH was an epic disappointment lol. When I initially came here, I thought this would be a school where: minorities really cared about each, helped each other, wanted to help each, wanted to learn about each other's cultures, etc. Boy was I wrong! This school was (and no doubt still is) a full grown adult ghetto high school. During the 4 semesters I was here, there was soooo much racial tension between the Black students and the Mexican students (quite frankly tension was rampant between Mexicans and non-Mexicans and Black kids were basically rude and mean to everyone not black and even other black kids outside their cliques). You'd almost feel you were going to a Jim Crow School except all the white kids have been replaced with Mexicans (what the heck). As a black male who grew up having close Mexican friends, I was quite disturbed and disappointed by this. As a Communications Major, I thought that being classes with the same people would inevitably create a friendly rapport amongst most if not all of us (again unrealistic on my part lol). The vast majority of my peers I had PR/Marketing/Advertising classes were rude, immature, consistently cliquey, catty (even the guys), fake, subtly competitive, frequently/unnecessarily mean-spirited, it was just awful! Of the 100-200 Comm. majors I knew, I can count on both hands the number of ones I still stay in contact with and one hand the # I consider real friends. Housing was a nightmare. No matter how many Roommate Request forms you fill, you will NOT get the kind of roommates you want. All I ever wanted were roommates who were quiet, studious and God-fearing. I had nothing but rude, immature, ghetto roommates the entire time and had to pay $900 just to have my own room for Motel 6 Quality Dorms. Of the 12 different roommates I had, there were only 4 that I liked. In addition to unnecessarily racial tension, section 8 housing and people mentally stuck in high school, a 4th noticeable dilemma was RAMPANT APATHY on campus. I was a member of the CSU Alliance half the time I attended CSUDH and once again was disappointed being at a school where 98% of students DO NOT CARE about their tuitions skyrocketing every semester. I certainly cared since my tuition did go up and financial aid went down every semester. I was grateful for the experience and have stayed in contact with all the people I worked with. I thought I graduated Spring 2009 and didn't even graduate until a year later (I already transferred and was attending Grad school at CSULA) since I was not ?officially a graduate?. I wasn't a graduate because NONE of my counselors told me ?btw Communications is the ONLY department in the entire school that requires a Minor.? I had to find this through Ed Whetmore (who was a total asshole). In the long run, it was fine. My minor was Theater, I took classes I enjoyed, starred in a play on-campus and made friends with nearly everyone I had Theater classes with (still stay in contact with most of them). My last semester there quite frankly was the ONLY semester that I actually enjoyed since it had nothing to do with my Major lol. The positives about this school are: faculty members who genuinely care about you (at least Comm. professors) and... that's about it. I might also say if you're strictly a Theater major, DH is great since all the Theater professors are nice and nearly all of your peers are as well. If you're not a Theater major, don't come here. If you're hoping for a positive college experience, don't come here. If you're expecting a diverse community where everyone integrates with each other, ha ha ha ha good luck. If you want to come to a minority school with minorities who do NOT like each other and many times are not even subtle about it, come here. If you want to attend a school where almost everyone not a faculty member is rude (especially those who work in the bookstore, Registration and Financial Aid Offices), by all means Dominguez Hills is for you. On a scale of 1-10, Dominguez Hills is a 3 1/2. Aside of good teachers, great Theater program and a few decent on-campus restaurants, EVERYTHING ELSE about this school sucks! I hate knowing this had to go on and on and on some more but I really resented this school the entire time I was there (can't you tell lol). Advice for Prospective Students: Just read above. Peace and God bless!

Link me!
Forward me!

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Powered by Campus Explorer