StudentsReview ™ :: Mark a survey Invalid or inform SR staff
      Students Know Best Since 2000.

Who's got the Best (variable)?

Submit My Review
Dynamic Rankings
Compare U's
About that Major?
Career & Salaries

Mark a survey and Inform Staff
Please do not overuse -- this is just intended to notify SR staff of probably invalid surveys. We will not "edit" or censor existing valid surveys.

This Survey/Comment is:
High Grammatical Error
Malicious Intent/Faked
Probably Admissions
Added notes (max 100 chars):

Please remember that all surveys, even vulgar ones or those with poor grammar, convey something about the student body and the institution.

Existing Review Notes:
Administration:

Peer Review:

Statistical Analyzer:

Survey (Identifying information hidden.)
2004_BRILLIANT: 0.00000 2004_IVY: 0.00000 2004_WEIGHTING: 0.00000 ACT: 0 AcademicSuccess: 9.23 Again: 0 Attitude: 0 Competitive: 7.69 Creativity: 6.92 ExCuricular: 3.85 FAttitude1: 1 FAttitude2: 1 FAttitude3: 0 FAttitude4: 0 FAttitude5: 0 FAttitude6: 0 FacultyAcc: 9.23 Friendly: 9.23 FromArea: 1 FundingUse: 7.69 Gender: 0 GradYear: 13 Grounds: 7.69 Intellect: 4 Maint: 8.46 MindExpect: 2 MindUse: 2 Programs: 8.46 SAT: 0 SAttitude1: 0 SAttitude2: 0 SAttitude3: 0 SAttitude4: 0 SAttitude5: 0 SAttitude6: 0 SAttitude7: 0 SAttitude8: 0 SCKEY: 102899 Safety: 9.23 Social: 2.31 Standing: 2 SurroundingCity: 2.31 TAclasses: 1 Usefulwork: 9.23 WEIGHTING: 0.47491 Worth: 8.46 unsubscribe: 0 No/invalid Email Address left

THE SCHOOL: PRO I graduated with my degree in Liberal Studies Elementary Education from HSU in December 2013. The faculty, the program, the courses, were overall, GREAT! In my undergraduate career, I spent nearly 100 hours in elementary classrooms getting hands-on experience working with students and teachers. Most other CSU's do not offer near this much real-world learning. I observed, tutored, and taught a diverse population of students from schools is Arcata and Eureka. A majority of my professors were extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to meet and talk with you about anything. Still, there were some classes that were pointless and boring. The adviser was great as well. Overall a fantastic program. THE TOWN: LESS OF A PRO I didn't hate Arcata as much as a lot of other people did, but it still has its short comings. I came from Orange County, so living in Humboldt was very different for me. The weather was cold, but I still managed. There aren't many stores, but I still managed. The movie theater is small and quaint, but I still managed. The beaches up near Trinidad were by far my favorite places to go. I spent most of my weekends with my girlfriend who would visit me from Chico every week. THE STUDENTS: BIGGEST CON I would say that HSU itself was not a bad experience. My program was great. Arcata is cute, quaint, and nicely quirky if you can handle all the transients and hobos that flock to the plaza. But my fellow students were the thing that made me hate my time at HSU the most. Looking back, I wish I had gone to a different school closer to home. I didn't fit it. It was extremely hard to make friends. I felt so alone for the whole 2 years I was there. So let me explain... In order to fit in at HSU with your fellow students, YOU MUST SMOKE POT! I didn't smoke. I rarely drank. And I had a girlfriend. Bad combination for me. Everyone just wants to hang out and smoke. Literally all the time! My roommates would sit in their rooms and smoke several times a day. And since I didn't smoke, I was left out of any sort of social gathering. My advice, if you want to enjoy your time at HSU, you better love pot.

Link me!