StudentsReview ™ :: Mark a survey Invalid or inform SR staff
      Students Know Best Since 2000.

Who's got the Best (variable)?

Submit My Review
Dynamic Rankings
Compare U's
About that Major?
Career & Salaries

Mark a survey and Inform Staff
Please do not overuse -- this is just intended to notify SR staff of probably invalid surveys. We will not "edit" or censor existing valid surveys.

This Survey/Comment is:
High Grammatical Error
Malicious Intent/Faked
Probably Admissions
Added notes (max 100 chars):

Please remember that all surveys, even vulgar ones or those with poor grammar, convey something about the student body and the institution.

Existing Review Notes:
Administration:

Peer Review:

Statistical Analyzer:

Survey (Identifying information hidden.)
2004_BRILLIANT: 0.00000 2004_IVY: 0.00000 2004_WEIGHTING: 0.00000 ACT: 0 AcademicSuccess: 0.77 Again: 0 Attitude: 0 Competitive: 3.85 Creativity: 6.92 ExCuricular: 1.54 FAttitude1: 0 FAttitude2: 0 FAttitude3: 1 FAttitude4: 1 FAttitude5: 0 FAttitude6: 0 FacultyAcc: 5.38 Friendly: 6.15 FromArea: 2 FundingUse: 4.61 Gender: 0 GradYear: 16 Grounds: 2.31 Intellect: 4 Maint: 1.54 MindExpect: 4 MindUse: 2 Programs: 0.77 SAT: 0 SAttitude1: 0 SAttitude2: 0 SAttitude3: 0 SAttitude4: 0 SAttitude5: 1 SAttitude6: 0 SAttitude7: 1 SAttitude8: 0 SCKEY: 121693 Safety: 0.77 Social: 1.54 Standing: 1 SurroundingCity: 3.08 TAclasses: 1 Usefulwork: 2.31 WEIGHTING: 0.00976 Worth: 0.77 unsubscribe: 0 No/invalid Email Address left

After attending what I thought was my "dream school" for less that a full year (two quarters) I left with an absolute distaste in my mouth. SCAD is nothing more than a horrendous excuse for an art school. First off, the school lacks the accreditations that places like FIDM, RISD and Parsons have. Second, the faculty in the department I was in (Fashion) were arrogant, rude and unhelpful. I had taken almost half of my required fashion classes at another school across the country and gotten everything from a B- to several B+ and a few A's in these classes and yet they had the audacity to tell me that I needed to retake them when my work was above that of several of their senior students! Also, the tuition for this place is laughable. The scholarships are a joke. I wasted twenty-five grand on six classes that I could have taken in one semester at my local State University for only five!!! They are robber-barrons who make you live on their less-than-accomitable housing to get full scholarship, otherwise you only get seventy percent. These "dorms" are renovated motels from the sixties and seventies that look like they would fail an asbestos test today. The "employment rate" they boast is fabricated and I guarantee you most graduates get temp jobs or part-time internships that end and they are left in crippling debt. Trust me, it is NOT WORTH going into debt for a college degree. NOTHING IS WORTH DEBT!!! Finally, something is wrong with that president of theirs. She is just not right and I wouldn't doubt that there is something illegal going on at the administrative level. Watch, within the next five years or so an investigation will be launched into that school and with luck she and her tenured jokes of professors will be indicted. So, all-in-all I have absolutely nothing good to say about this school. I urge you to go the cheap route and either get an art degree at your local university or skip college all together and start honing your craft. I'm just grateful I got out of there in time to realize what a joke the place is.

Link me!
Forward me!

Get Your Degree!

Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.

Powered by Campus Explorer