StudentsReview ™ :: The Memphis College of Art

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

The Memphis College of Art

Major: Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: FemaleThis person cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT: 21
SAT: 1250
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Friendly, Afraid, Arrogant, Snooty, Closeminded

Describes the faculty mostly as:
Condescending, Unhelpful, Self Absorbed

Campus Aesthetics/Beauty A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityF Faculty AccessibilityD-
Useful SchoolworkC Excess CompetitionC-
Academic SuccessC+ Creativity/InnovationD
Individual ValueD- University Resource UseD+
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyA FriendlinessD
Campus MaintenanceA Social LifeF
Surrounding CityA- Extra CurricularsD+
SafetyA-

This school screwed me over. I was a transfer student and I regret more than anything transferring to this school. I came in the spring semester as a first semester sophomore, when I met with administration officials for orientation there were many many things they "forgot" to tell me, such as every student having a mailbox where important letters and information are placed. The school bought the apartment building I live in and told me they knew I was there, and yet they mailed everything from grades to information on the fall semester to the wrong address, and I never got them. When I was I diagnosed with a severe illness and went to talk to my teachers about extra help I was told to "stop making excuses" and to return when I was ready to be a "serious student." When I talked to the Dean of Students about this she told me it was out of her hands and the school had no written policy on how to handle a student in need. She promised to email my teachers, and never did. This school is all talk. People are very sweet while you're applying but once you're there you get very little. They are also terrible about answering phonecalls, they answer about 1 in 20. And don't ever return messages. If you want to talk to someone, plan on going to the school in person. I would not recommend this school to anyone, ever. They screwed me over and I'm still recovering.

More Comments on The Memphis College of Art