StudentsReview :: Lynn University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida International University -- Miami, FL
University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL

Lynn University

This school promotors excellence during the intial orientatiBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school promotors excellence during the intial orientation. In reality, it is only concerned with its name. I attended 2 semesters there and have watched fellow students get suspended for things they were not involved in but because the administrative offices decides not to further inquire about the situations, the students were suspended. The security guards smoke weed with the students but then report a student if they don't allow the guard to smoke for free. I've watched as scho security guards had sex with female students and in return the female did not get written up for a violation. The food is awful, the bread is moldy and hard. The milk sometimes spoiled. I spent a lot of money for no reason. I would not suggest registering for this school.
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
Surrounding City: B, Education Quality: F
Lynn Universities campus is nice, and the professorsAverageOther
Lynn Universities campus is nice, and the professors are great. Of course, the financial aid department is horrible and the student body is tiny on campus which leads you to seeing the same exact people all day every day. The dorms are very poor for what you expect, my dorm in Freiburger had mold growing by the A/C, and every dorm has a dehumidifier because of multiple mold issues. The class sizes are small, and you do connect with the professors and your classmates, but it made it feel like high school all over again. The IPAD PROS (the faculty and staff will never let you forget they gave you one) are cool but can be annoying, and I wished textbooks were used more. The aviation program is small, but I found it lacked for what I was looking for, the three Cessna 172's are a bit outdated in the cockpit and sometimes knobs or buttons don't work, not something you want happening when you're paying $60k+ a year to go here. The food is average, and a meal plan cost is pretty expensive for what you get. The reason I gave two stars is for the people of the college, the students (the students parents) at Lynn are wealthy, so you will see a lot of Range Rovers, Maseratis, Bentleys, money, etc., this type of wealth at a young age doesn't make the nicest of people and I found a lot of students to be snobby and hard to connect too. The school has no spirit and lots of students party and go down to Fort Lauderdale or Miami to drink and do other stuff. The second reason is the price, unless Lynn gives you a pretty hefty financial aid package there is no reason why this private school should cost $60,000+ to attend, I sadly made the mistake of going here, and I am transferring after one semester because the cost of attendance was very concerning, the reason why I have a problem with it is because Lynn doesn't really have a name for itself, and it's not prestigious to employers like many other schools in the same price range. A side note if you want to live off campus instead of the poor dorms that Lynn provides get ready to spend close to $800-$1000+ for rent, Boca Raton isn't made for college students it's made for wealthy people who can actually fork out that much a month. The university I am attending know cost $40k less then Lynn and the program has many opportunities with employers, unlike Lynn. So what I am getting at here is do your research and make sure you have money to go here! Lynn is excellent at marketing its school but can be shady once you already sign the dotted line, I ran into multiple problems with financial aid and had no choice to take out some loans. This is an average school with average professors, don't let them trick you with the Dialogues of Learning crap that makes them so "different," only four credits transferred because the Dialogue classes didn't match up to general education classes in the public university I'm attending now. If you sit in the library, you will hear a lot of students talking about the cost and wanting to transfer somewhere else. Another big eye opener was how disinterested the students were in class; there was no motivation to do a standard three to fourth DOUBLE SPACED paper, and the professors were very lenient on extending deadlines multiple times in the year because only a handful of papers were turned in. The classes felt super easy to me, and I even struggled in some classes in high school but walked away with a 3.8 GPA first semester at Lynn, it might sound good to not have hard classes but college is about being challenged in classes and working through ideas and problems to get you skills that you will use in life. If you made it this far, I hope you take my advice. I read every college review page and did my research before I committed to Lynn, and I am glad that I am finally out of there, the cost of the college isn't worth it for what you get.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Education Quality: F
I attended Lynn University from 2000-2002.Not so bright
I attended Lynn University from 2000-2002. I thought the school was a great place to go and attend college. Beach ten minutes down the road, Ft. Liquordale a half hour down the road and West Palm Beach a half hour up the road. Boy was I wrong. The first month & a half I attended Lynn, older students were passing out flyers for parties to attend on the weekends. The parties were crazy and then they stopped right around mid-October of 2000. I didn't know what to make of this. So I asked one of the dumbass upperclassmen who was in my freshman math class why the parties had ceased. He looked at me and said "The dean banned flyers from getting passed out. Anybody caught handing out flyers for parties off of campus would get suspended." That's when all hell broke lose in DeHornsley Hall or whatever the name is. Students were vanadilizing the bathrooms, lighting fires in the garbage cans and stealing the golf carts from the campus security. I watched one student drive a golf cart into the lake and run off from the security detail. The food sucked as well. The professors sucked as well. Some wouldn't even show up to teach class. This college was a waste of my parents tuition $ for two years. If your not an athlete at Lynn, then your a rich nobody at this boarding school mixed in with a high school jock vibe. Waste of $. Don't Attend. Don't attend. Don't attend. Don't ever attend.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920