StudentsReview :: Brigham Young University Idaho - Comments and Student Experiences

Brigham Young University Hawaii Campus -- Oahu, HI
Young Harris College -- Young Harris, GA
Louisiana Technical College Young Memorial Campus -- Morgan City, LA

Brigham Young University Idaho

The campus is beautiful and the facilities are

Aug 19 2013Education
The campus is beautiful and the facilities are top notch. Unfortunately, my experience at the university was less that fantastic. Many of the faculty are incredibly sexist saying that they are unwilling to waste time on female students because they will become housewives and not use their degrees anyway. I felt the coursework was really toned down. Overall the university environment is very snobby and I wouldn't go to this university.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

Generally speaking, class sizes were small in upper-level

Jul 20 2014Communications
Generally speaking, class sizes were small in upper-level courses. Mentoring atmosphere and teachers were available.

Students are encouraged to agree and think in the same box. Those who think outside of the box are not appreciated.

Many of the teachers are excellent and believe in letting the student take the initiative in their own learning. However some teachers believe in micromanagement and coupled with busywork and high expectations, can drive the love of learning straight out of the student.

That said, I left my laptop behind once, and it was returned to me. Almost everything I left behind was returned. Students are very honest and most of them are very polite. Most of the Faculty are down-to-earth and incredibly knowledgable in their fields.The overall culture of being afraid to make mistakes and trying to do incredible work in 6 different directions has effectively killed any desire I might have had to pursue graduate school.

5th Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

The school's accounting program in my opinion is

Mar 18 2013Accounting
The school's accounting program in my opinion is under rated. The professors are all very competent and knowledgeable. All of the professors I have had are good at teaching. I can clearly understand what they are trying to teach me, and when I have questions or need clarification they have always been willing to clarify and expound. I can also approach them after class to ask questions.

If you are bored during the week because you have not found something to do, it really is just your own fault. There are all types of activities to get involved in. The problem I have found is choosing which activities I want to keep because of time constraints. I personally love the dancing. There are multiple dances and dancing opportunities through out the week. It is true that the students are friendly and approachable. You can find friends easily. I would recommend you find something you enjoy or something you want to pick up and find it on campus and join up. That could be your style of dancing, your specific sport, instrument, ect.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2014