StudentsReview :: Nazareth College - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Quinnipiac University -- Hamden, CT

Nazareth College

BrightPhysical Therapy/Exercise Science
Not worth the price tag, especially if you live on campus.
2nd Year Female -- Class 1921
I'm specifically reviewing the physical therapy program.BrightPhysical Therapy/Exercise Science
I'm specifically reviewing the physical therapy program. I was kicked out after one year in the professional phase of the program (which was year 4) and believe I was not given a fair chance. My first few years in college I maintained a 3.7 GPA until starting the physical therapy course work my fourth year, I really started to struggle. I did not have a close social connection to my peers in the PT program, which was part of the reason. Not a single faculty member reached out to me and offered me help the whole time. Rather, I got very vague feedback from them, and was actually told I was doing well. I got one warning letter in the mail to keep my grades up after the first semester that year. My gpa was around a 2.85 (a 3.0 is needed to stay in the program at that point) so I disregarded it, feeling I could pull my grades up by the next semester (which I did). The next semester rolls around and I was able to raise my GPA to a 2.97, except now I get a letter in the mail saying I'm being kicked out of the program. I went in for a meeting with the entire faculty to appeal the decision. But they explain to me physical therapy is not right for me because I am too quiet and I "lack the proper communication skills." It really led me to feel the soul reason I was kicked out was for my personality and not my academic performance.
4th Year Female -- Class 2012
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Faculty Accessibility: F
I Graduated in 2013 from the Psychology Department,Not so brightPsychology
I Graduated in 2013 from the Psychology Department, NaZ wouldn't award me my History Degree I worked 4 years for But thats a topic that Is so much Bullshit it would fill pages. I also had a minor in Community Youth Development.

So 4 years: 2 Majors all work completed, 1 Minor and I studied abroad one summer. And Naz was Easy, So clearly you dont have to stress.

Naz is High School. If you want HS again RUN to Nazareth. The guys mostly think they are all gods gift to the world and most I would not touch with a pool skimmer. Girls are Bitchy. Yeah there are some Mega, I mean MEGA Weirdos at Naz and some dorks. but most ppl are people making up for HS or trying to be cool.

Overall experience: FUCK NAZ!!!! I often spent my freshman year weekends crying to my Mom. I dont care how lame that sounds. Students are so focused on making up for not talking to girls in HS or not being noticed in HS. the girls are beyond skanky and rude and judgmental. The Hockey, and Lax players, I dont even want to think of the disease they carry. One kid hooked up with 70 girls in a year. Ewww. If you dont have a fake ID good luck having fun on weekends. Downtown Rochester is a joke and cab rides back are rape for the price. If you arent on a sports team or in a club good luck making friends. I would make friends and after a month or so Id realize these girls are FUCKING CRAZY!! I had a girl tell me all about this baby she had secretly freshman year and showed me pictures, nope its her fucking cousins kid and she made the whole thing up! People are so fake, I could go on for hours. I did make some good friends at Naz but it took years! I mean Years! I had such fake friendships for my first 2 years at Naz.

Food, hahah I dont go there. I ate in my room as much as possible. Luckily most dorms had a kitchen or i would have died.

Campus Security: These Guys honestly were the first friends I made at Naz and I tlak to them more then half the "friends" I made in school. They care about safety but they turn a blind eye if your a "good kid" caught doing normal college shit. They unlocked my car at least 50 times for me because my keys were inside. They helped me push my car out of the snow, they are great. There is no need to run from campo or fear them. They are reasonable as long as you are respectful. I used to sleep with my keys in my door and the night guy would hang them up on my hook inside my door and lock my door for me. Campo has found me piss drunk sleeping in a random buildings laundry room and they just walk me back to my room and make sure I have water. If they see you drunk or know you are sick and you ask them to check on you in the night they will. They are great.

The Pscy Dept... They sucked to say the least. My Adviser knew nothing and at one point told me "oh I'm not a psychologist so i really dont know, I'm a neuroscientist so..." She also left in the beginning of my Sr. year with like 2 weeks notice and messed up classes and jeopardized graduation for at least 6 people the classes only she teaches had to be canceled. The Psych Department is not approachable and do not try to make connections with students. The chair of the Dept is this old crazy hippy lady who admits to doing hard drugs back in the day but she is one of the few (3 tops) of professors who knows what they are talking about and you can actually go to with a problem. The Psyc department has been taken over by the PT (Physical Therapy) program that Naz basically puts all its focus into. PT students have to have a minor in Psyc, so Psyc suffers. There is maybe 10 electives that are offered every 2 years. I was discouraged from doing a second internship in my field. I never studied and by NEVER I mean the night before I recopied my notes and said "Fuck it". I got Bs and As in most classes. If I tried I would easily have a 4.0 but half the teachers say from day 1 in class they will not give As.

I was a dual Major with History. I LOVE the History Dept at Naz. They are a cult and many other depts on campus refer to them as "the cult". The 3 main professors I had are amazing men and really should all be teaching at better schools. Dr. Kneeland was a Psyc Major in college before doing History in grad school. He helped me more with my Psyc classes and advisement then the Psyc dept. He will bend over backwards for students. the history Dept made me a better student and made me CARE and Want to do good and take pride in my work. They expect your best and they will call you out for writing bullshit. I presented at the Phi Alpha Theta (historical honors society) and the department is still asking me to publish my work. If you want to be a history major Naz is stellar.

4th Year Female -- Class 2013