StudentsReview :: Antonelli Institute - Comments and Student Experiences

Antonelli Institute

The students at this college all get alongQuite BrightArt & Design Department
The students at this college all get along pretty well because we are all interested in the same thing. There is so much to do around the school in the surrounding city that made free time really enjoyable!

The classes are challenging and informative. While it is true that you don't necessarily need a degree to be a professional photographer, I believe this school helped make me way above average in experience and skill level than the average starting photographer.

The staff is great! All the professors are skilled professionals that are very approachable and interested in doing what they can to help out. Even outside of school, there are opportunities to go into the city and photograph. I was personally published in a Philly Irish newspaper before I graduated because our resident advisor, Tom, offered to take myself and another student to a city hall meeting where we were able to photograph the event!Overall, this was a great experience, and I still use the skills I learned today.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C
Antonelli prepared me for a lifetime of work.BrightOther
Antonelli prepared me for a lifetime of work. The courses there taught me all aspects of photography and everything that I needed to know to feed myself and keep a roof over my head for the last 18 years (graduated in 1998). Whether it be photojournalism or commercial work, the courses taught there, laid the outline for my success. I am currently a self-employed birth and wedding photographer near Youngstown, Ohio.

Before opening my own business, I spent years as a photojournalist? that also was influenced there at Antonelli by my then teacher. I have worked in no other career other than photography and I contribute all that I know to this school and it's instructors and the experiences they prepared me for. These preparations taught to me there, had always put me a notch or more above my colleagues and peers.

But none of that would have happened if there weren't two specific people in my life at this time, Tom and Jane Keenan.

I came to The Antonelli Institute from the other side of the state, near the Ohio border. I knew no one in the area. I am the youngest of eleven children and raised by a single mother who really could not help me financially.

I do not think that I would have graduated or made it through my schooling there if it were not for Tom Keenan and his wife, Jane.

I remember being hungry and having no money for food. I guess that's the way with a lot of college students but most of them could call home for some quick cash. I really couldn't and was hours away from home fending for myself.

Tom Keenan, a resident advisor and the all-around Antonelli man, and his wife, Jane just knew this and always found a way to make sure I was fed without me asking or without making it obvious or having me be embarrassed by it among the other kids at school. It wasn't until later in life that I realized what they had done for me. They were good folk taking care of a kid in need. Not many people like them exist.

Jane was the mother that my own couldn't be and well, Tom, he was like my older brother, always looking out for me and others who needed it at a young and vulnerable time in our lives.

Life has taken me on many different paths but I could never forget Tom and his wife. I have no idea where I'd be without them. It probably wouldn't be a good place.

Suzanne Matteo

Starting Job: Freelance Photographer; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
I have no idea why Tom Keenan hasQuite BrightArt & Design Department
I have no idea why Tom Keenan has gotten any negative feedback, and it's because I saw this that I'm taking the time to comment. Not only is he there for all of the students 24/7 (whether it's an apartment issue, technical problem, or even personal problem), he actually gives a sh*t about them. I'm almost 5 years beyond graduation, and Tom still looks for ways to help me professionally - even his WIFE is a fantastic, giving, and caring person - and she's not even paid to give a sh*t. He consistently goes above and beyond, as long as you let him be there for you. Petty *ssholes on here are commenting about hime being 'creepy'. Get off your high horse, and realize that when someone genuinely cares for the future of his country and his city, he relies on the youth to prosper. He is willing to do take the time out of his day, OFF hours, to help any current or past students, to better their lives. All of this being said, the entire staff is pretty darn great. Even John Hayden, with no photographic/graphic design background, makes an incredible effort to keep up with all of the students. He knows everyone's name, keeps up with them on social media, promotes their work, etc. Anyway.. rant over :)
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A

Lancaster Bible College (PA) 1:negative 1:neutral

Rider University (NJ) 1:negative

Capella University (MN) 1:positive

Duquesne University (PA) 1:negative

Compare AISave AI

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→