StudentsReview :: Pacific Lutheran University - Comments and Student Experiences

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
Central Washington University -- Ellensburg, WA

Pacific Lutheran University

Nov 20 2013Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Just go to UW or SPU. This school is just a ridiculous numbers game as far as the biology department is concerned. Not enough classes, too many students. It's a struggle to even get all of the classes you need in order to graduate. Seriously GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR BIOLOGY. The religion and spanish departments are amazing though so if that is what you're interested in then PLU would be great.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F
Oct 14 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I recently graduated from PLU, in 2010. I originally really wanted to go to PLU, it was one of 2 choices for me. I spent the last 2 years contemplating and regretting that decision. By the time I had accepted and realized what kind of school it was, it was too late for me to accept at the other school. To begin, I was promised a lot by the admissions counselor, and I got none of it. For one the program that they she had told me they had, was not true, they didn't even have anything remotely close. So I would definitely suggest do your homework, don't talk to the admissions or advisers, go straight to the department chairs to find out what it is you are interested in. Second, they promised me the same financial package as the other school, let me just say my loans were over $20,000. With each year they kept decreasing the promised scholarships and here's the best part, there's nothing you can do, because they prey on young adults and they never give you anything in writing, when I brought this up to the financial counselor, she just said, "we are not liable for what the admission counselor promises you." Great huh. Don't get me wrong it wasn't all bad, Some of the faculty was really great, very few of the good ones there, but nevertheless, there were the few that kept me going. Most professors weren't interested in anything but furthering their own career, and were rarely there when you actually needed them there. I would and have not recommended anyone to attend PLU.
4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Friendliness: A-, Surrounding City: F
Apr 09 2012Education
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I had a very positive experience at PLU. I felt my education classes were very valuable along with the humanities classes that intersected English, history and religion. Many of the classes related to teaching physical education were also of great value, even though I'm now teaching in another area of education.

At PLU there were many opportunities for personal and religious growth. Of course it was up to the students to take part in these activities! Some of the free lectures/debates etc. that were available to students were of very high quality. Many of the professors were excellent teachers, but not all!

Starting Job: Physical Education Teacher Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+