StudentsReview ™ :: Southern Polytechnic State University

California State Polytechnic University -- Pomona, CA
Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Cambridge, MA
Rochester Institute of Technology -- Rochester, NY

Southern Polytechnic State University

Major: Computer Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
Gender: MaleThis person cares more about Educational Quality than the average student.
Intelligence:
ACT:
SAT: 1170
Educational Quality F
Describes the student body mostly as:
Afraid, Broken Spirit

Describes the faculty mostly as:

Faculty Accessibility A
How this student rated the school:
Educational QualityF Faculty AccessibilityA
Useful SchoolworkB- Excess CompetitionC+
Academic SuccessB+ Creativity/InnovationC-
Individual ValueD University Resource UseB
Campus Aesthetics/BeautyF FriendlinessA
Campus MaintenanceB+ Social LifeF
Surrounding CityD Extra CurricularsF
SafetyB+

I did not want to pay out-of-state tuition and SPSU is the only school in GA with a software engineering department so I went here. The social life is abysmal. There is n othing to do even on the weekends here. It feels like you're not even going to a university. I hate going to school here only because I go to class and then feel discouraged to do anything other than just drive back home where I feel I can talk to people and have something to do other than sit quietly in a chair thinking about how I should pay more attention. Some of the classes are so easy that I get bored and either don't go to class or just don't care enough to pay attention to them. Most of the people who live on campus just sit in their rooms afraid to meet new people and just complain about how bad the campus life is. I think it should not be a dry campus for the simple fact that it would give kids something to do. I don't drink (I am 21), but I know it would make a world of difference. They should also be more selective. It seems like everyone here either came because it was a last resort or because they didn't get into their first choice of schools. I feel sorry for the people here sometimes.

More Comments on Southern Polytechnic State University