StudentsReview :: The City University of New York Brooklyn College - Extra Detail about the Comment

New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sc -- New York, NY

Campus Aesthetics/ BeautyB+ FriendlinessB
Campus MaintenanceC Social LifeD-
Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsD
SafetyB

She cares more about Useful Schoolwork than the average student.
Date: Feb 04 2008
Major: Unknown (This Major's Salary over time)
I guess when I first arrived at Brooklyn College I expected a little more than what I got or what I am receiving now. The campus is pretty nice; there is green grass and old looking buildings, and the library is pretty up to date. Nevertheless, the inside of the buildings could use a little help. The student body is very diverse, but I feel as if it is kind of hard to get to know anyone. The atmosphere of the school is a bit like high school (and some people may find that a good thing) because people just come to school in the morning and then leave as soon as their classes are over. Trying to get any help from the people in charge is almost impossible. They make you wait on very long lines and by the time you get to the front they tell you they can't help you and send you to another office on another floor or even in another building. It's like no one knows anything in this school. Trying to get classes is also another impossible task. For freshmen students they use a system known as S.M.A.R.T (I can't remember what it stands for) to make a registration appointment, but it told me that I wasn't in the system, so I had to call over the phone and make an appoitment. In my first semester, the school also gave me a social security number that was NOT mine but had all of my info in it including important scholarship information. I gave them a form to correct this mistake and that's when I thought that everything was okay. However, this semester, they continued to use this made up SS#…they even dropped all of my classes thinking that I didn't pay my tuition. Besides this, some of the classes are extremely overcrowded and it's hard to get a seat…one of my teachers even had some of the students sit outside of the classroom because there was not enough room for everyone! Overall, this school is definitely not a place that I want to continue my education at. Everyone is so disconnected, some of the classes are an extreme waste of time and are BORING, and no one is helpful. It may be a good place to start an education, but that's all I can say for that. All I know is that I can't wait to leave.
commentYou have to look for the older universities & DissertationCrown schools. In addition to oxbridge, there's durham, york, some of the london schools, and one or older scottish universities. I went to hatfield college, durham university, and that university (as well as some different durham colleges) is very traditional, and has many personal faculty applicants.

But, as state-school myself, i'm now not positive why you would need to do this, as very few regions of the 'actual global' have such excessive-density of private-school ethos (except maybe town banking, regulation corporations, and parts of the army). I might recomend you combine with the awesome unwashed!

Compare CUNY/BrooklynSave CUNY/Brooklyn