StudentsReview :: Hastings College

Hastings College

Alumni Survey

Intelligence
Major: Biology (This Major's Salary over time)
Attending Hastings College has done little to nothing positive for me in life. It has more likely damaged my prospects for a bright future in the world. All HC has given me since my graduation in May of 2010 is over $25,000 dollars in debt from student loans that are slowly being paid off and continually accruing interest.
Looking back, I wish I would have taken a year off or more after graduating from high school to really think about what I wanted to do with my life. I still do not know what my purpose / niche is.
I feel like HC decieved me from the get-go. Flashing all the pros in front of my face and zero cons on college visits and through my four years of college with my "advisors". I was under the impression the entire time that most of my schooling was being paid for via scholarships. I expected a debt closer or less than $10,000. I should have taken more initiative and done more homework on the whole situation. I honestly see HC as a glorified high school that teaches very few skills if any at all that any person would require to be successful in the real world.
P.S. I chose HC because I wanted to play baseball and liked the city of Hastings. Many students choose HC for the variety of sports they offer. However, all the teams have a surplus of athletes. The coaches "weed out" athletes that are not brown-nosers or that are plain not that good. Make one mistake and you're off the team permanently, no second chances given and no forgiveness.

Mount Saint Mary College (NY) 1:positive