StudentsReview :: Bradley University - Extra Detail about the Comment

Broken Spirit, Snooty

Faculty Accessibility
Excess Competition
B+
He cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Oct 17 2016
Major: Electrical Engineering (This Major's Salary over time)
I am a non traditional student. I completed my Assoc in Engineering at ICC the little community college accross the river. A great school especially for the value. Everyone told me how great Bradley was, including my wife. None of them were EE, Bradley is from what I hear a great Mech and Civil Engineering school. This does not hold for any of the smaller Engineering programs like Electrical. My experience was horrible, my entire class of 44 absolutely hated this school, many stating they would have transferred if their credits transferred out, which they won't, at least not well. Many still did and just took the hit. The program is a joke, 95% theory and outdated education. Robotics class was programming roombas to drive in circles for 4 months. We tried to shake it up and make a more advanced project and the prof tried to dock our 4 perfect As. Another prof exclaimed in the class he didn't know how to do the math and just read the book for that chapter and then moved on. It was on the test which he said it wouldnt be and he did it wrong. Every day after was a class argument with him over his tests. Another prof upon giving me a C on a test (25% of my grade) said i should have studied more. I told him I did 40+ hrs for one test, he asked what I went over, I told him: book, homework, previous exams, and his study guide. He told me "yeah see you studied the wrong things. You should have found some other topics we didn't cover as I should have learned all that stuff in class." Equipment is rudimentary at best, they regularly treat you like idiot children. Restricted access to labs regardless of projects. No complaints or issues are ever dealt with. Advisors are misleading and often result in you having to take extra semesters. Admistration is unhelpful. Campus Violent Crime is weekly. The campus can be wuite pretty. While there are a few good professors they are over shadowed. School spends 1million a year on a losing coach while yhe engineering buidling looks like a dilapidated warehouse. Honestly go get your Assoc at a community college and just go to a state school. Education is the same gets u the same job.
Compare BradleySave Bradley