StudentsReview :: LIU Brooklyn - Extra Detail about the Comment

Surrounding CityA+ Extra CurricularsA
SafetyA
Friendly, Arrogant, Approachable

Arrogant, Unhelpful

She cares more about Faculty Accessibility than the average student.
Date: Jun 24 2019
Major: Nursing (This Major's Salary over time)
This is regarding the nursing program for LIU. The clinical sites were not stimulating. I was not able to learn and perform the basic skills needed for a nursing career because most of my clinicals were assigned in nursing homes instead of an actual hospital. Most of the staff in the school of nursing are extremely rude and unhelpful. They treat you as if you are inferior to them. Many of the professors are unable to teach well, and will not give extra help if the class requires it. During one of my semesters I did not have clinicals at all because LIU did not take care of clinical sites before the semester began. I was forced to make up these clinicals during my winter break, and had to take off of work to do so. Liu does not post the professors teaching the classes before classes begin so I was unable to take the professors I wanted to. Many of the professors, and advisors that worked in the school of nursing when I began my nursing career 2 years ago have now quit. They have many new professors teaching nursing classes and have completely changed the curriculum forcing students to take classes that were once not required to meet a certain amount of credits. AVOID THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS IF YOU WANT TO BE A NURSE. Not worth your time or money.

questionRows=6 cols=34 wrap=virtual
questionAre you close to finishing up your bsn?
Compare LIUBSave LIUB