StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Phoenix Online Campus - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Phoenix Online Campus

UoP online provided a great resource for learning

Sep 16 2013Accounting
UoP online provided a great resource for learning without sacrificing income or personal life. I'd gone to a B&M school before and found it unchallenging, often using my time in class to study ahead and do other things while students who didn't grasp the subject were tutored by the instructor. At UoP I could move on faster and skip parts where the instructor had to keep reviewing a subject until a fellow classmate got the concept. I could study at my own pace and when and where it was convenient for me. Family outings and events didn't suffer because I had to be in a B&M classroom for 'attendance' requirements. However, if you don't have the dicipline to keep in tasks with school assignments and deadlines relatively independently, don't try Phoenix. You might get some handholding the first week of class but the coursework is intense and the classes go by so fast the instructors can't babysit you to make sure your assignments are finished on time. Just like in the real world you are responsible for deadlines and completion of requirements so be prepared. This is a great school!
Starting Job: Business Manager Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B

I receive my Associate from U of P

Jun 22 2013Computer Engineering
I receive my Associate from U of P and decided to continue on to my Bachelors. My only true complaint is the learning teams. I have a 4.0 gpa and I literally do 95% of the learning team assignments in order to maintain my gpa. The Associate Degree does not require learning teams, so I was not prepared for the negative experience of learning teams. Hopefully, the teams will get better. I actually considered going to another college because of the teams. Other than the teams, I feel that the U of P offers a great deal of tools to assist in my learning experience that other colleges that I've attended to not offer. The classes are somewhat fast paced, but you "must" be dedicated to learning and earning your degree "yourself". It's expensive (too expensive) so I refuse to waste my time and money by slacking on my studies. All in all, I think U of P is actually a great on-line college.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014