StudentsReview :: Regis University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Total Grad Surveys 11
Females 0
Males 11
Avg years at University 1.7
Research Quality B+ (7.7)
Research Availability A- (8.2)
Research Funding A- (8.7)
Graduate Politics B+ (8.1)
Errand Runners B (7.2)
Degree Completion B+ (7.7)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] B+ (7.8)
Sufficient Pay A- (8.8)
Competitiveness B+ (8.0)
Education Quality B+ (7.7)
Faculty Accessibility B+ (7.7)
Useful Research B+ (7.6)
"Individual" treatment A (9.0)
Friendliness A (9.0)
Safety A (9.0)
Campus Beauty A (9.0)
Campus Maintenance A (9.4)
University Resource/spending A (8.9)
Extracurriculars B (6.7)
Success-Understanding B+ (7.7)
Surrounding City A- (8.4)
Social Life/Environment B- (6.5)
Social Life/EnvironmentB-
Campus MaintenanceA

I am in my fifth class of a

Mar 30 2014Computer Engineering
I am in my fifth class of a MS in Information Assurance. A lot of promises were made prior to the start of my program but none have been followed through. To date I have not had a conversation about curriculum with one advisor. If you are looking for a program with no oversight that requires you to be one hundred percent in control of your direction you will love Regis. The faculty overall in the online courses show little interest in students and an A is guaranteed if you simply complete assignments. To test this theory in one class I submitted a paper on Daffy Duck for a penetration testing assignment. The instructor offered the comment that this was an excellent approach and gave me a one hundred on the paper. At this point I am to far invested to transfer and any employer will only look at the degree versus actual quality of instruction so I will press on.
Mar 03 2012Computer Science

Good school overall.

As an online student in the Independent Study

Feb 02 2012Education
As an online student in the Independent Study Format for Education majors, you are placed with one instructor. you will be at the mercy of this person no matter how unethical she is. And if there is a conflict or dispute, you have absolutely NO voice. I just had an instructor by the name of Carol Vote who re-designed the syllabus to her liking. I followed her directions and completed them as such. When asked for my grades, she would tell me "They have been added to the grade book". I repeatedly asked to be sure that I was getting credit for completed work. She ignored my emails. I had a house fire part way through the course and asked to take an "Incomplete". She never replied to me and I found out months later that she gave me an "F" instead. Now I had to have my advisor apply for an "Incomplete". This was granted, but the lying instructor, Carol Vote, has not given me credit for all of the papers I had already done for the class! She just plays dumb and no one askd her to show her secret grade book! This is absurd.

I have tried sending multiple emails to her and my advisor and they are all ignored. Now, incredibly, I just a received a formal letter that I, the student, am behaving unprofessionally and I will be "flagged" and prevented form finishing my degree if I contact them again! This is crazy. I am being prevented from finishing my class after a house fire because I have questions about why I was not credited for finished papers! The only thing Regis cares about is getting your money. You will have no one to advocate for you or even listen if there is an issue. You will be at the mercy of some very bad people. They don't even give you a phone number for your so-called advisor, and there is no one to talk to if your instructor is a liar. Please, save yourself the exposure to this terrible place.

The school of counseling

Jan 09 2012Psychology
The school of counseling faculty is a mixed bag. There is good and bad. I would not recommend this program. If you must go to this university, stay away from Hall and Christensen as much as possible. They are both horribly incompetent, but think they are gods.
Research Topic(s): N?A

I'm doing the online MNM degree, just passed

May 10 2010Other
I'm doing the online MNM degree, just passed the half-way mark in the program, and I've having trouble for the first time where it's gone to the department chair. The instructor filed some sort of report on me, and her grading's been rather arbitrary. They call them "facilitators," but she's been more like an enemy. There's been bias and retaliation in the class, and it's rather unfair. I will probably want to change my ratings after it all blows over.

It is a good

Dec 22 2009Computer Engineering
It is a good university, it has of course, its good and bad things, but after a long research it is one of the best around the area!

US news ranked this university as one of the best for many reasons!
I will give to Regis 90%/100%.

Regis is really a gem in the hay

May 12 2008Social Work
Regis is really a gem in the hay and a school upon a hill, literally. I am a Masters student (the school does not offer a PhD but is planning a law school). I have the opportunity to take courses in person, online and through independent studies, usually part time to finish a Masters in 2 years. I understand this is practical for the MBA and MA program. The MA program is individualized so for the most part you can study anything you want, the school is a commuter school so it's small, lacks the social life but it clean, safe and quiet, great if your intent is to study. You can see the snowcapped Rockies from here and it is only about 3 miles to downtown Denver, so there is a lot outside to do. It is more of a professional program though, meaning nontraditional usually working folks, so I would encourage the same or individuals needing distance education or looking for a quick MA degree to advance to a PhD, versus traditional right out of college kids.
Jan 23 2006Computer Science

Great school - Great results.j

Research Topic(s): Network Re-Engieering Project

Regis is an excellent

Jun 26 2005Business - Management and Administration
Regis is an excellent school and one that I would recommend before many of the other schools when considering an online experience. The delivery method is far more advanced than several other online experiences.
Sep 21 2003Business - Management and Administration

i am not a student at this university at this time. I was not able to answer a lot of the questions.

Aug 23 2003School of Information

I completed a Masters in Information Technology by distance in 2003. The program is highly rigorous and of high quality.

Get free info from: Regis University