StudentsReview :: Acadia University - Comments and Student Experiences

Acadia University (Canada)

Acadia is not a school, it is a business

Jan 21 2014Education
Acadia is not a school, it is a business. They are very money hungry. The financial office tells students a different thing every time they visit. They are terrible to deal with. I lost out on job opportunities because they canceled classes last minute which caused me to not qualify for loans.My courses are subpar, and the administration is very disorganized. After attending two universities personally, and hearing about many friends and families university experiences, I have some to the conclusion that Acadia and their reputation are all marketing. If you want to spend large amounts of money and get no education for your investment - Acadia is the place for you!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: B-

These studeNts all in the Greek bro, y'all

Dec 03 2012Agriculture/Horticulture
These studeNts all in the Greek bro, y'all ready know. Lol these people always superficial and they can't get their stuff together, the rat looks more like a roach right now. I'm at the pool, and they didn't even play wacky flocks, as the Miamian would say "that Cray." The teachers don't care, I'm in agriculture and am trying to genetically engineer plants that can thrive off human feces, but all the professors laugh at me. I speak for all the woman and we can't even have a sorority house because their "brothels." all I'm gonna say is college gets expensive and it's nice to have a side hustle....

I only say I would go to a

Jan 13 2014Biology
I only say I would go to a different University because I like variety and I like a lot of different experiences. I don't regret my choice to attend Acadia one bit, because it is the most amazing university I could have ever dreamed of. But I would also have liked to experience something a little bigger than 3,500 students. And it follows then that if you are not a fan of small towns, of being able to walk the entire length of the town in fifteen minutes, do not go here. Despite having three bars plus an on-campus bar, there really isn't much to do on weekends unless you get creative or travel down to Halifax or something.

But Acadia is amazing. The professors go out of their way to help you- I was very sick last year and my English professor told me to stay home and that he would extend the deadline for an assignment for me. They encourage you to come in and have a chat in their office if you ever need anything.

And the other students? Aside from the usual couple of rude, stuck up people that can be found anywhere, I am always finding other students who want to help. In my first week at Acadia, I had a fourth-year in my program come up to me and ask me if I needed help finding anything. It's always the same and you always feel at home at Acadia. It's such a close, tight-knit community. Not to mention the incredible Biology program, taught by internationally-recognized professors. Everyone is brilliant and there's always something going on- the Student Union is fantastic for planning events and the support for sports teams is outstanding! If you don't mind the smallness of campus and Wolfville, then by all means, Acadia is for you.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2016