StudentsReview ™ :: Hawaii Pacific University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hawaii Pacific University

After Wright retired and Porky Pig became President,

Apr 13 2014Nursing
After Wright retired and Porky Pig became President, the University is only concerned with marketing itself to Asia and pouring money into Aloha Tower Marketplace, The whole HPU system is going downhill in a hurry. They're understaffed, thanks to Porky Pig firing a couple dozen administrators so he could save a buck. Senior professors are openly talking about jumping ship -- in front of their students! It's pretty much a mess. The good news is that it can only get better from this point forward.
5th Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A, Individual Value: F

I went to Hawaii Loa campus

Apr 04 2014Biology
I went to Hawaii Loa campus. Extremely over priced for the type of education you get and the kind of teachers you are stuck with. Might as well go to a community college if you are an undergrad. Worst mistake of my life coming here. I am thousands of dollars deep in debt and I basically taught myself through all of my classes. Most of the teachers act as if they don't want to be there. Definitely not what I expected from college professors. Tuition raises every semester. Campus constantly focusing on landscape and visual appeal yet classroom buildings itself are in poor condition.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F

I graduated last Spring, which was when I

Feb 25 2014Business - Management and Administration
I graduated last Spring, which was when I was scheduled to graduate. I was lucky because my year was the last year that gave full ride scholarships. Although the campus was small and classes were split up everywhere, I thought that the location was convenient because it was downtown. Parking was awful and hard to find, so I would usually have to walk far distances to get to campus. The classes were small, which was something I liked. Some times you would get the occasional crazy professor or one that you absolutely hate. But other times I had a really great professor that really knew their stuff. I majored in international business so the student body was great for me. I got to meet and work with students from all over the world. There weren't a lot of local students for most of my upper level classes, and more international/ mainland students. One reason that I chose HPU over other universities was that it allowed me to study abroad to somewhere I really wanted to focus on and they were really accommodating with fitting and transferring my credits over after I returned so I was able to graduate on time. The big plus for me was being able to study abroad without having to pay tuition, but you probably can't do that anymore. Overall, I thought I was very fortunate and if I were to go back into time I would probably go with the same choice.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013